Javelin HS

Ambassador

Spaceman
I belive the tacval of the Javelin HS results of its cheap production costs. This reason seems to be enough for the fleet´s burocrates to give them a higher tacval than for example the ImRec missile or the IFF missile.

God safe us from this men and make them find themselves in Broadswords or Scimitars!!!

Heatseeker

Maybe, but the largest nuke is useless, if there is no Lock-On.
However, A Javelin is indeed veeery much better than a pair of laser guns with no missiles....especially in an Arrow or an Banshee...

i have allways found uses for the heatseakers, when i carried them. imrecs were my preferred missile though. but if i ran into too many enemies the FoF was good for keeping some busy while i killed thier friends.

I love heatseekers. All you have to do is get behind a fighter, put its sheilds to sleep, and blow that sucker to kingdom come with a heatseeker.

And LOAF is right. Because there is less computer junk to store in the missile, the warhead can yield a harder hit. Now of course, dumbfires to even MORE damage, but you have to be a DAMN good shot to hit your target with them.

I was ok with the dumbfires in WC4-I relied more upon my guns then. However, I think in Prophecy I really became at least some type of journeyman level in dumbfires, simply because of those Dart missiles. Man those things were some fine pieces of work!

Also, I too prefer heatseekers, as one of my favorite sayings to all my space sim friends is, "Eh? Oh no, I had lock and fired the thing before I cleared the hanger."

Originally posted by Ambassador
Maybe, but the largest nuke is useless, if there is no lock-on.
It's called a Mace. And it's very useful.

Originally posted by Ghost
You use missiles to have fun? You're crazy...
Hey, I like wasting missiles for fun in early WCs, since I rarely use them anyway.

Back