Jackpot

Wildshot

Spaceman
I hit the jackpot today.

Stopped by Barnes and Noble to pick up a Dune book I'm missing(Dune Messiah if you must know) and the next Second Foundation trilogy book today and I was shocked and ammazed. Sitting right there, on the shelf, was every single WC book in order. Action Stations, Freedom Flight, End Run, Fleet Action, WC3, WC4, and False Colors, just sitting there, waiting for me to grab them and run.

A few hours later, browsing through an Electronics Boutique's bargain rack, I come accross copies of WC3 and WC:Armada, the two games I lost a long time ago.

Somebody pinch me, I think I'm dreaming.

second foundation trillogy eh? it wasn't very good. I never understood why they did the whole Joan of ark and Vultaire thing, or for that matter the whole chaos disease thing. never made much sence to me. I don;'t think they should have writen it. Just like the 2 new dune books I think that if a series is writen by 1 author and then he dies, there should be no additions to the series seening as it was that author's creation and it would be like me finishing up beethoven's 10th or my taking a brush and painting over a picasso or a leonardo, just not right

Napolean, after you got over the first book, which was absolutely awful(and really long too, there's nothing I hate more than a long bad book), the second book was ok. I just got the third because I'm a little curious and I heard this one deals with more than just the beggining of the Foundation, that it also ties up the end, something I felt Asimov never really finished. I don't understand why they always needed to add to the beggining, I think with Prelude to Foundation and Forward the Foundation, Asimov wrapped that part of his series up quite nicely.

Im in the process of reading the whole foundation series from beginning to 'end'. I am on forward the foundation right now, and I'm so hooked on it. I heard from several SF buffs that the second foundation trilogy was pretty good. Are they wrong? Don't spoil it for me, cuz I haven't read it yet.

Still not as lucky as me! I found my hardcover, first editions of Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy in my room two days ago. Inside Heir to the Empire was:

*My Steve "Shadows of the Empire" Perry Autograph. (To Justin, May the Force Be With You! Steve Perry)

*My movie ticket from the Wing Commander World Premier in Texas. (Section Mezz-R, Row E, Seat 2 - AFS & Paramount Theater)

* My invitation to the post-premiere party at Coppertank Brewing Company. (Though the Black Envelope it came in is somehow missing! :eek: )

* My Mark Hamill autograph (Probably fake :) )

I dont know dude, if he didnt have all that stuff before, finding it all in one big outing is amazingly lucky. Especially some of the books and Armada.

Well, I was just mentioning what I found. :)

Pardon me for being skeptical, but going to a high-margin, most likely high-traffic book store and seeing not only all the WC novels lined up but all of them including End Run is a bit much.

Finding Armada doesn't impress me, since it was probably the CD-ROM Classics version.

Not too long ago I found the original version at a used software store. That WAS cool. Especially since the guy at the counter said that both he and another customer had been looking for it but hadnt found it. I knew it was there, zoomed right to the shelf and bought it. Go me.

Super-Speed and X-Ray Vision have their advantages, I guess. :D

On a similar, but slightly less incredibly fortunate note, I've managed to nab myself a copy of End Run after a good few months searching.

There's something to be said for patience and persistance.

Originally posted by Dak
On a similar, but slightly less incredibly fortunate note, I've managed to nab myself a copy of End Run after a good few months searching.

There's something to be said for patience and persistance.

...Like I said B4....

Two years back, I said here on the CZ something along the lines of, "Oh, I'll never get End Run," or some whiny crap like that. Next day, I went to a local used book store to pick up a copy of Slaughterhouse Five for English class. I got my book, then turned around and *BAM!*, there was End Run sitting on the shelf. I picked up a second copy about a year later.

This store is great for old WC stuff. I got Privateer, Academy, Privateer 2, an original Armada, Confed Handbook, and an original WC1. Not all at the same time, of course.

I'm still hopin WC4 will turn up there, though. ;)

Back