I've got freespace2 - now i'am waiting

overmortal said:
This prologue . . . not to harp, but you keep saying "very close". I realize this is a common and annoying question, but are we talking "very close" as in days, weeks, months? You guys know internally how much work is left to do in the prologue. Standoff was able to say "We're going to try out best to have it out by this date" eventually. Any chance you guys will do the same?

well, less days, that weeks. As Lynx said, we are mostly done. We need to fix balancing in the first place, and play test the whole package more than just one time in order to get the WC feeling right.

I see. Basically, you're where Standoff was when the decision was made to put out a release date . . . ::ahem::

Hey chaps,

I have a few wee little questions. I too would like to know when it will be ready for me to play. The first release of standoff, although fun was a little short.

I have downloaded the April Fools demo thingy that you guys put out. It is good looking but I cant seem to fly the damn thing. I am using my laptop and the arrow keys dont seem to work. in the instructions it says to use the numerical key pad, wish I had one, but in all other WC stuff I can use the arrow keys, so:

Will the final release have the same keys as all other WC games
Will I be able to play it on my laptop and use the keyboard cos I am unable to use the mouse and my joystick wont plug into lappy the top.

The overall control sheme will be a bit different due to FS engine ,but you can set up most the keys to you liking in the options menue.

Yeah, but honestly, I would be suprised if someone will be able playing this with only the keyboard. This game cannot really be compared to freelancer, where you could fly pretty good with a mouse (but I never tried playing freespace that way).
I say, a Joystick is highly recommended (even if is is only 08/15), and with a force-feedback it's making double fun ;)

That's not a good comparison. Freelancer was *meant* to be played with keyboard and mouse. Freespace/Starlancer/Wing Commander wasn't

Nomad Terror said:
That's not a good comparison. Freelancer was *meant* to be played with keyboard and mouse. Freespace/Starlancer/Wing Commander wasn't

I just picked it as example, and not for comparison ;)

dealt with it now chaps. A little thought put into the keys and I am able to fly around on my laptop. The game differentiates between the number pad and the arrow keys. I am a happy man now.

Bring on the full game.

Anyway I play flight/space sims pretty regularly with the PSX dual shock (with a USB adapter) or plain keyboard. The latter feels very retro and is for me a throwback to the days when that's all I had to play these games with. I played and beat Wing Commander 2 with just the keyboard. :>

Back