It's Not Easy Being Green (March 10, 2006)

Mjr. Whoopass said:
I'd be interested in seeing a model of the Durango from before it was converted to a carrier. It should look different than it did in WC4. I think The Price of Freedom book says it looked like a destroyer that had a launch bay welded onto it (or something along those lines).

I don't know what that could mean, unless the original didn't had the middle part. I suppose you could simply remove the launch bay from the model.

wasn't it two obsolete destroyers welded together through the bridge and the launch bay?

Shouldn't there technically be a section on top of the middle? In wc4 the top decks including the bridge had been blown off. I'd say it wouldnt look half bad with a wc2 style tower somewhere in the middle

AD said:
Shouldn't there technically be a section on top of the middle? In wc4 the top decks including the bridge had been blown off. I'd say it wouldnt look half bad with a wc2 style tower somewhere in the middle
Isn't what's already there the bridge?

Lt.Death100 said:
Isn't what's already there the bridge?

What are you trying to say? In WC4 there is a very specific scene where Maniac and Blair are contemplating the lives lost shortly before they arived on the intrepid. It's possible that the decks are still there but dammaged I suppose. (See sc_1000a).

Todd Marshal said:
Bridge used to be up there... Berths were farther up.

This is also why they have to sleep in the storage hold.

AD.

Bandit LOAF said:
No tower -- we see a 'whole' Durango later in the game (the Tango).

I guess it's just the unusable deck option.:)

I tried using blue shades instead of my usual grey. It's not that bad actually...
durango048vv.jpg

durango059mc.jpg

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/9537/durango034ya.gif

Bandit LOAF said:
No tower -- we see a 'whole' Durango later in the game (the Tango).
Maybe not, but I tried it just for the fun of it, and the result ain't that bad
What do you think AD? :D
durango067kl.jpg

looks funny with the confederation tower, but the other two look pretty good...the gilgamesh one almost looks like it would be the right one for the size of the ship

I don't think it looks right with any of them, actually - it's just too weird, having this rounded bridge tower on top of such a blocky design.

I Kinda like the way it looks with the waterloo one, but at the same time I think Quarto is right about it being too rounded. Something part way between that and the wc3/4 ones or closer to the movie ones might look more natural.

Quarto said:
I don't think it looks right with any of them, actually - it's just too weird, having this rounded bridge tower on top of such a blocky design.

The small one doesn't stand out badly, really. Anyway, it's such a good blocky design you might not want anything to disrupt the blockiness.

I don't know, lets be careful... the Aces Club used to have a Durango model that they added a Ranger/Concordia-style conning tower to -- and that's also where the old "two destroyers" urban legend comes from. So, for the record, the set of lights across the front which are partially blacked out on the Durango in the game are the actual bridge.

It was just an exercise, really. The Durango is the Tango. I wonder if there ever was a TCS Mambo. Anyway, LOAF, if I wanted to imagine how the Delphi looked like circa WC3, would this green paint do? It must have co-existed with the blue from WC3, right?

Darnit if I know. Maybe all ships change color constantly... maybe different fleets have different colors that are always the same. Who knows?

Back