It's dark out there...

overmortal said:
A game in space where things aren't always lit? Wow . . . just like in real space, where unless you're close to a star or something similar, there's probably not much light. Who'd have guessed that?

It stands to reason that the vast majority of space warfare would be fought close to the green bands of stars, though -- because there's nothing in deep space worth dying for.

For those who will allow FS to touch their machines, there's a command line flag that will turn the ambient lighting down, which usually makes the game look awesome (even moreso with the SCP releases).

Don't worry - im not posting to these boards from a computer defiled by The Unholy.

that said... the cutscene there makes me drool. Can you do that ALL the time, or just in cutscenes?

Bandit LOAF said:
It stands to reason that the vast majority of space warfare would be fought close to the green bands of stars, though -- because there's nothing in deep space worth dying for.

Jump points are the obvious exception.

I thought that the very nature of jump point formation made them exist in close proximity to large gravity wells (usually stars).

Chernikov said:
that said... the cutscene there makes me drool. Can you do that ALL the time, or just in cutscenes?
Well, if you mean the cutscene which we posted a screenshot of in this thread... it's an in-game cutscene, so that's the actual Lionheart model, in one of our actual systems, etc. Everything you see there is something we can use in any other mission.

Nomad Terror said:
I thought that the very nature of jump point formation made them exist in close proximity to large gravity wells (usually stars).

There are enough bodies in dark areas, like planets at the edge of the solar system and such.

Back