It's about time they tried Half-Life

Wildshot

Spaceman
Really, I'm surprised we're just getting a mod for this game now. This seemed like the perfect game for a WC marines mod. It has a lot of the qualities as a FPS that made WC successful as a flight sim. Ok, there isn't much as far as "characters" go because most people you meet up with don't live long(except dr. Rosenberg in the new Blue Streak add-on). There's a story, not just a mindless shootup, and there are plot twists galore.

Now, as far as mods go, HalfLife's story has nothing really to do with a WC marines mod, but just seeing what the engine is capable of, and how much success other modders have had with the half life engine should have been enough to convince a Wing Commander fan with knowledge of world craft to make this mod a long time ago.

Not to mention there are great possibilities for multiplayer, such as a TFC style game with Kilrathi and Terran teams and different classes for each.

I would like to know wich enemies are we going to fight against. Retros? Kats? Bugs? All at the same time (yeah, that would be cool) ?

Originally posted by Wildshot
Really, I'm surprised we're just getting a mod for this game now.

TAFKAW has been trying to get an Half-life mod off the ground since October 1853.

And IIRC got mocked out after his interesting claims. :)
This project sounds good so far but lets hope it won't go the way of the TAFKAW project.

I would've gladly assisted anyone on a Halflife mod if I had any knowledge of anything to do with the game outside the game.

But what is IIRC? Some sort of IRC client?

Ok!!
First of all let me say something in italian to mpanty:
Grazie per l'in bocca al lupo! Vedrò di non deludere nessuno!
Second, well I'm glad and honored to have a forum on the WC:M idea!
Now Back to answers:
1- The guys your fighting against are kilrathi.(you can see some screenshot of them at the project home site)
2- Yeah, I've discovered the marines corp project just now...But keep in mind that Unreal tournament it is not so popular as Half Life, not yet! This means that there are not easy and powerful editors to realize a MOD like Wing Commander.....I hope to get far. More than the other guy...
3-For the moment it is only single player! I still do not know how to realize a multiplayer MOD, it is far easier to realize, but definitely too hard to publish!
4-We need also some voice to apply to kilrathi....If anyone of you guys can register some kilrathi voice from the WC series, it would be really of help!
Thank you very much!
Bloodfang
Team leader and webmaster of Wing Commander Marines

Back