It`s finally here...

RATM

Spaceman
After eleven long tedious years, it`s finally here. Fresh off the united kingdom, crossing a continent and 3 provinces. I finally have Wing Commander IV. The only wing commander game I have never played. The only one I've wanted for so long. Thanks to ebay I finally get to play this baby.

I've been having to dodge any thread that had to do with WCIV since I neverp layed as to not ruin the story. Successfully. Now I can't wait to dive into this one.

See you guys in a couple of weeks :p

Oh, then I guess you don't want to hear that they clone Thrakhath and you have to fight him in one-on-one combat 20 times in a row while the TCS Concordia II destroys the cloning base.

t.c.cgi said:
Oh, then I guess you don't want to hear that they clone Thrakhath and you have to fight him in one-on-one combat 20 times in a row while the TCS Concordia II destroys the cloning base.
And New Kilrah spawns right next to earth and tremblor bombs Terra into oblivion!!!11

I envy you getting to play that game for the first time. I've replayed it so many times I know all the cutscenes and missions by heart (mostly).

Right after this post I'm going to fire it up and play all night (had to work earlier).

Bahahahah
God I remember dreaming of this game ~~~...

edit : Thank GOD that I found the patch on this website....

I`m not used to getting pwned off one missile though. No wonder the kats lost, they can't aim like some of these guys

RATM said:
I`m not used to getting pwned off one missile though. No wonder the kats lost, they can't aim like some of these guys

Yeah missiles in WC4 are brutal...they really keep you on your toes when you hear the missle lock warning

Dundradal said:
Yeah missiles in WC4 are brutal...they really keep you on your toes when you hear the missle lock warning

You're not the first to say this but I don't remember ever having an extra hard time with the missiles in WC4. They seemed to be pretty much as lethal as they were in WC3. I only noticed a change with Prophecy - I seem to drop a heck of a lot more decoys in that game.

LeHah said:
You're not the first to say this but I don't remember ever having an extra hard time with the missiles in WC4. They seemed to be pretty much as lethal as they were in WC3. I only noticed a change with Prophecy - I seem to drop a heck of a lot more decoys in that game.

The change from WC3 to WC4 was that the missiles seemed to cause a lot more damage...where as before you could sustain several hits before being destroyed, in WC4 I felt like a lot of times it was one shot one kill, especially with player fired missiles. The changes between games might be small, but the perception I got of the damage was greatly enhanced.

Dundradal said:
The change from WC3 to WC4 was that the missiles seemed to cause a lot more damage...where as before you could sustain several hits before being destroyed, in WC4 I felt like a lot of times it was one shot one kill, especially with player fired missiles. The changes between games might be small, but the perception I got of the damage was greatly enhanced.
Exactly, it made a big leap in making missiles weapons meant to kill, not to weaken your opponets

Dundradal said:
...where as before you could sustain several hits before being destroyed, in WC4 I felt like a lot of times it was one shot one kill, especially with player fired missiles.

I'll have to replay the game to see if I agree or disagree. I don't remember the player missiles being especially lethal but this might be why I found WC4 to be the "cheapest" game to play in the series. (It seemed very easy and then very tough from one waypoint to the next, for no particular reason)

Hi, I'm new to this forum. Just wanted to say that WC4 is really an awesome game and I'd really like to play it again...a friend of mine used to have and I've only played it through once :( I absolutely loved, especially with the branching missions and the awesome wingmen! This WC game probably had the coolest wingmen in any WC game ever, in my opinion. I always had a hard time deciding whether I'd take Maniac, Primate, Blade, Yaeger or Moose with me...there were others, I just don't remember all of them :) Never liked Hawk anyway though :D

Clocker said:
Hi, I'm new to this forum. Just wanted to say that WC4 is really an awesome game and I'd really like to play it again...a friend of mine used to have and I've only played it through once :( I absolutely loved, especially with the branching missions and the awesome wingmen! This WC game probably had the coolest wingmen in any WC game ever, in my opinion. I always had a hard time deciding whether I'd take Maniac, Primate, Blade, Yaeger or Moose with me...there were others, I just don't remember all of them :) Never liked Hawk anyway though :D
Welcome to the CIC! :)

Well I finished the game after work today and I must say wow. Choices effect so much in this game, it's great.

Though I must admit I had butterflies and felt uneasy when everyone was pointing their finger at Tolwyn and blaming him for everything. On a moral standpoint I'm also against death penalties so I was shocked that they sentenced him to one - even for crimes against humanity - and even slightly saddened when he hung himself. He was an asshole, but a brilliant asshole. It's a shame to see such a great man be disgraced by his own lust for perfection...

All that in two weeks.
That was some intense two day game-playing action..

Back