Is Wing Commander 3 worth buying on GoG if I already own it on 3DO?

Well I recorded about an hour of Super Wing Commander footage, gonna be uploading it in 15 minute parts. I will post a topic when it's done. Unfortunately the flight stick is total crap for Super Wing Commander. It's like, not very analog at all, very stiff and laggy, with a huge dead zone. No way to adjust it either. So I just played with the regular controller which is surprisingly easier to use.

I tried the joystick with Wing Commander 3 and it was much better but the button placement is kinda annoying, more so than the regular controller. A little disappointed with this flight stick.

Well, the beast arrived today, one working day late, so I was dying to get started. Sadly the controller is faulty - buttons B and C keep sticking.

WC3 first impressions - looks much better than I expected graphically, and it flows so much sweeter than the PC version, gameplay seems 'easier' at first glance, absolutely TANTALISED by the new mission content but I just won't be doing it justice unless I can get a damn flight stick, especially with this crappy broken controller.

I would love to play WC1 in this engine, not SWC, but PC WC1 with this kind of 'flow' speed.

Well, the beast arrived today, one working day late, so I was dying to get started. Sadly the controller is faulty - buttons B and C keep sticking.

WC3 first impressions - looks much better than I expected graphically, and it flows so much sweeter than the PC version, gameplay seems 'easier' at first glance, absolutely TANTALISED by the new mission content but I just won't be doing it justice unless I can get a damn flight stick, especially with this crappy broken controller.

I would love to play WC1 in this engine, not SWC, but PC WC1 with this kind of 'flow' speed.

For the controller problem you could try opening up the controller itself and clean the button contacts, I did that with a Genesis 3 button pad that was mushy as hell and it fixed it right up!

I might point out that it's actually very playable on a modern PC system with the 4do emulator? You can use an xbox360 wired controller(or anything you want in place) in combination with the emulator, and it takes the discs directly from your drive. Given that the 3DO console was, at least in my country a rarity, only a few select gamestores sold it. It was about just as popular as Atari's Jaguar with the JagCD module.

Back