Is it possible... WC2 Intro as .avi

Crix Dorius

Spaceman
Salve...
I'm new here and hope for a good cooperation. :D

OK... Let's go !!!

Is there a way to get the WC2 Intro as .avi or .mpg ?!?

you should be able to if you are running the game in windows. Using a program like fraps should do the trick (but the latest free version has a 30 sec time limit, so you would have to piece together the clips, an older shareware version doesnt, but rather halves the resolution instead, which might not be so bad considering that it's already pixely anyway.)

Just curious why you want it? Are you looking to do it yourself, or are you wanting someone to send you the file?

I would do it myself.

But if someone could do it, it would be fine too. :D

Oh yeah...
Why I want it ?!?

Easy...

I want to remake it in 3D.

I don't get why it was so hard for Tolywyn to believe that there could be cloaked stealth fighters. I mean, they're in space with spaceships. Surely you'd be a little more open minded if you rose to the rank of admiral. All those things he says to Blair were pretty harsh too. And does it seem more like he's so mean to him because he really does believe he's a traitor or because maybe he never liked him in the first place. And so I was wondering (since I have never read the books) if in any of the books it talks about where Blair and Tolwyn's relationship went sour.

Or is that how they meet? Over the whole Tiger's Claw incident. I just imagine that if Tolywyn really believed of him being an outright traitor, then he'd at least use his position as an admiral to try and get him discharged from the service.

Shipgate said:
I don't get why it was so hard for Tolywyn to believe that there could be cloaked stealth fighters. I mean, they're in space with spaceships. Surely you'd be a little more open minded if you rose to the rank of admiral.

What an odd thing to say. There's nothing inherent about space and the rank of admiral that would make someone open to the idea of invisible fighters. Your thinking is polluted, because every science fiction series has a means by which they bend the laws of physics and become invisible. I'm not saying Tolwyn wasn't harsh, because basic cloaking did exist by that time in the Wing Commander universe, but Tolwyn's reasons for not believing Blair were pretty clear. The Kilrathi simply hadn't officially launched the Strakha when Blair claims to have seen them, and they never appear after that to support his claims. It made no sense that these super craft would exist, but only in unsubstantiated chaotic melees and never in any real documented situations. Time passed. We knew the reason why the stealth fighters didn't show up in the war after that point, but to Confed, there was no proof they ever existed. Combine this with the fact that Blair was framed by Jazz. He very suspiciously was missing his flight recorder.

Imagine if WC2 didn't show the Strakha in the intro and didn't show Khasra and Thrakhath talking about destroying the Ghorah Khar shipyards. Imagine that Blair wasn't the player character, and years went by without any more stealth fighters showing up. From an objective viewpoint, we'd all consider the real possibility that he was a liar who destroyed his flight recorder and made up a story to cover up his negligence.

Shipgate said:
All those things he says to Blair were pretty harsh too. And does it seem more like he's so mean to him because he really does believe he's a traitor or because maybe he never liked him in the first place. And so I was wondering (since I have never read the books) if in any of the books it talks about where Blair and Tolwyn's relationship went sour. Or is that how they meet? Over the whole Tiger's Claw incident. I just imagine that if Tolywyn really believed of him being an outright traitor, then he'd at least use his position as an admiral to try and get him discharged from the service.

Tolwyn mentions how he tried to get Blair discharged from the service right there in the WC2 intro. There's really a huge amount of data on Tolwyn out there that you're missing. Almost every book has a huge amount of Tolwyn background. Start by watching Academy too. Tolwyn and Blair interact throughout every episode two years before the Tiger's Claw is destroyed.

Back