Introducing WingStarter: Crowd Funding for the 27th Century Today (April 1, 2013)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
Crowd funding has exploded over the last year! Everyone is doing it, so it's time that CIC jumped in too. There's a lot of pledge campaigns out there asking for money to help make a new game or some techno gizmo, but wcnews.com always aims high. We are undaunted by the unsuccessful bid to create a Death Star, and we've put together a plan to instead make the TCS Behemoth a reality.

Project Behemoth can totally work. So long as we have the time it takes to complete keel mounts and laser turrets, the mission to Kilrah will succeed. That's why we need to start now. If we can get the ball rolling today, there'll be plenty of time to complete the ship by the time we need it. There's no time to delay - head on over to WingStarter and do your part. Backers are eligible for some fabulous rewards!

The TCS Behemoth was the end result of the Behemoth Project, a top-secret Confederation military project that was initiated in the late 2650s. The project was led by Admiral Geoffrey Tolwyn during the ongoing Terran-Kilrathi War, with the sole purpose of destroying the Kilrathi homeworld of Kilrah. It was hoped that by destroying their homeworld, the Kilrathi would lose all will and means with which to wage war on humanity, effectively securing victory for the Confederation.

Unfortunately, the Behemoth was pressed into service before it was complete. Both offensive and defensive systems were not ready, and the Kilrathi exploited these weaknesses to destroy the superweapon. Were it not for the lucky Temblor raid, humanity would have been wiped out by the Kilrathi! This cannot be allowed to happen, so as responsible 21st Century humans, it's our duty to start work on the Behemoth now!

--
Original update published on April 1, 2013

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. Short on cash. Maybe in a few months time I might have enough to pledge towards this excellent project. Then I'd be able to put some of my millions of dollars towards it.

Don't worry, I just put it on the CIC charge card.

Now I'm going out to Best Buy to get the "10th Millionth Download" Edition of WC Saga!

What would we aim for if we had the biggest gun in the galaxy? We could hit Kilrah now and save the whole bloody affair in 600 years time.
Or...

Justin+Bieber++singing.jpg

Would the 10,000,000 be enough to add some additional armor plating to those nasty holes all around that thing?

Due to the change in test-fire target, I propose we rename the ship the "Bieberhemoth"

That's the beauty of crowd funding: start with the main gun, but just powerful enough to burn the atmosphere off. Then stretch to planet wide decimation. Then stretch to keel mounts. Then, instead of stretch goals for armor, we just make individually engraved armor tiles a pledge level (trouble is, if you don't have enough pledges, you might have a few weak spots.)

Also, don't forget the T-shirt pledge level. I suggest Mr. Kat from the CCG
image.jpg

Back