Internet Explorer 7 (Beta 3)

Mav23

Swabbie
Banned
Just downloaded it. I like the new skins, icons, and tabs. I still can't get used to the position of the address bar or the small size of the back/forward buttons though. Anyone else here give it a try yet?

The address bar thing will have to eventually be a user option, right? I can't imagine they lock it to the top in the final version. Every browser lets you rearrange that stuff.

I hope so. I also downloaded the Beta for Office 2007 and now all of a sudden my e-mail won't send. Oh well, I guess that's why they call it a "Beta". :)

Edit: In case anyone has AOL e-mail running properly through the 2007 Outlook Beta, could you tell me your settings?

I've been wanting to set up AOL mail in any regular Outlook for a while now. I've gotten used to Outlook 2003 at work and it's really nice. I know setting up a pop box is easy, but I don't really know much about the IMAP thing aol uses. Is there just some free Outlook you can download without the calendar and stuff that you can use for AOL mail? If not, I'll probably wait till Vista/Office 2007.

Thanks Mincemeat, all I had to do was insert everything manually and it worked fine :).

Chris: You can download the Beta 2 version of Outlook 2007 for free. But I think you have to download the whole Office package for it. It is working well for me now after I followed those directions. Otherwise you might be able to get Outlook Express somewhere.

Back