• Cable

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • DSL

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • T1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T3

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Network Connection (through college or other means)

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

pygmypiranha

Vice Admiral
Dial-up sucks balls because in fact it actually sucks balls...

Well, how is everyone connecting to this lovely world wide web of ours? And what are your feelings on the connection speeds you have been getting?

A speedy cable connection which is almost always up at home. It's nice to be fast and all... but there's something inexplicably *disgusting* about it -- there was something *romantic* about a 9600 baud connection... now-adays it's just overkill.

I made a mistake in the poll. I have ADSL. Pushed the cable button I think. ADSL is pretty cool. Not the enormous speed ya get with a cable over here, but more reliable in my area.

I guess I responded wrong, too... for most of the time I'm online (when I'm at work), I'm using a network connection.

Doesn't seem noticably faster than my cable at home.

I'm stuck with a 56kbps modem. I would love to upgrade my connection, but unfortunately it is not an option. I'm using an unlimited account where I am never billed by the ISP, but yet I still have to pay the phone bills at a rate of Rp.235/3 minutes.

We're suppose to have cable and the neighborhood across the main street has it already, but mine is still stuck in passive cable... good only for subcribing cable channels.

.duh.

Cable is great, I run my web page on a linux server with it, and splite the connection to 8 other comupters as well, God bless Linux.

Cable is indeed great. I am runnimg an internet radio station with two streams on it, and I still have enough bandwidth for everything else.

56k modem at home, some sort of broadband at uni. Dial-up isn't too bad most of the time if I'm just browsing (speed really does depend on who's your ISP), but downloads larger than a few hundred kilobytes take a while when browsing at the same time.

My computer just can't download crap... I was messenging while the party was going on and I lost connection. My connection is that bad.

Delta_Strife - Please virus check your machine. I've had at least 25 virus infected mails (and at least two different types of virus) from you in the past fortnight and the email I sent you about it seems to have gone to an account which you no longer check, so please update your chatzone email address while you're at it.

Thank you.

Networked DSL with my other computer. Generally awesome speeds...except at dusk...everybody's lights go on and either my connection gets cut or it gets slow.

Back