Interlaced movies in Wc3 KS

I

Icevampir

Hallo,

i just installed the Kilrathi Saga and it seems the movies are interlaced black lines...
Is there a way to fix it?? ;-(
My System : AMD 2800+
1,5 GB RAM
Audiophile 2496
460 GB HDD

Plz,plz

I would love to watch the amazing story in more beatiful way...

Yeah, WC3 video is interlaced in the Kilrathi Saga. In 1996 this was presented as a benefit for better playback. The WC4 Windows 95 patch had an option to turn it off in that game, but no such patch or option exists for KS that I can think of. There might have been a way to view the movies externally with HCl's player or Xanmovie to remove the lines. The DOS version of Wing Commander 3 is not interlaced like KS. If you have a powerful enough computer, it runs well in XP with DOSBox.

Yes, there is a way to remove the interlace for WC3 in the Kilrathi Saga! Make a batch file (a text file called, say, WC3W.BAT) in your WC3 directory. This text file will have the line:

WC3W.EXE -NO_INTERLACE

Run WC3 from this batch file from now on. You can also use the command line prompt for this instead of the batch file, if you like.

I must add that while using this option, I encountered two problems :

The first is that sometimes, for no apparent reason, the FMVs switch back to interlaced, don't ask me why, I wasn't able to find a pattern.

The second is more annoying, but it might be specific to my config : whenever I use Alt-TAB during game, when I switch back the videos are gone. I mean everything goes just fine, even the sound, but the videos are replaced by a black screen.

Master Katarn said:
Yes, there is a way to remove the interlace for WC3 in the Kilrathi Saga! Make a batch file (a text file called, say, WC3W.BAT) in your WC3 directory. This text file will have the line:

WC3W.EXE -NO_INTERLACE

Run WC3 from this batch file from now on. You can also use the command line prompt for this instead of the batch file, if you like.

I thought about this. This is how the non-interlaced option is turned on for WC4 in Windows, but I've heard people being unable to get it to work for KS WC3. I'll test it some more tonight and see if I have the same problems as DeadFish.

ChrisReid said:
I thought about this. This is how the non-interlaced option is turned on for WC4 in Windows, but I've heard people being unable to get it to work for KS WC3. I'll test it some more tonight and see if I have the same problems as DeadFish.
I've already played WC3 KS with the non-interlaced parameter and I can confirm that it works.
btw, you don't have to create a batch file. Just create a shorcut with the parameter!

I guess you could do it with just a shortcut. Anyway, the parameters worked for me so far. I installed WC3 under "better" installation and run in Win 2000 compatibility mode. I also use the Win 2000 patch found on this site.

Back