Impression of Standoff

Aye aye, Blair always makes a difference, he probably could flying an old spitfire.
But I see the point, a crippled and undercrewed tin can killing a fleet carrier could make one go cheesy

cpwdakilr said:
BTW popsicle I took your advice and registered, did you get my e-mail?
Hummmm... no, I did not. Wich email adress did you use ? Eder is the one who gets the @solsector.net email.

I used yours, i spoke to you personally because you responded to my query about UE2, it doesn't matter now anyways, Tempest replied to the email i sent to the site email adress, I was unregistered when I sent that email to you personally.

cpwdakilr said:
Ah, makes much more sense now, I might buy a book or two. You say gutted, I think the name 'Lexington' seems a bit unlucky in the confed fleet, you know, from gutted to replaced to destroyed and, well destroyed again in WC4. (I thought it was a tad cheesy how Paulsen said "oh my god what a disaster!")
I don't think it was really all that cheesy - if you lost a carrier you commanded, in peacetime, you'd probably consider it something of a disaster too ;). Besides, Paulsen was a very believeable character, and he managed to make even the weirdest lines seem real... John Spencer was an excellent character actor.

Quarto said:
I don't think it was really all that cheesy - if you lost a carrier you commanded, in peacetime, you'd probably consider it something of a disaster too ;). Besides, Paulsen was a very believeable character, and he managed to make even the weirdest lines seem real... John Spencer was an excellent character actor.
Exactly why I hate him so.:) But, really the Lexington pilots just seemed pretty underwhelming compared to the BW pilots. This was probably because of the experience (Pilots on the Lexington were pretty new if I remember correctly, while BW pilots all seem to be vets)

cpwdakilr said:
Ah, makes much more sense now, I might buy a book or two. You say gutted, I think the name 'Lexington' seems a bit unlucky in the confed fleet, you know, from gutted to replaced to destroyed and, well destroyed again in WC4. (I thought it was a tad cheesy how Paulsen said "oh my god what a disaster!")

The Lexington was only disabled in WC4, not destroyed.

As much as I dislike the Hellcat, I don't think there's any reason to believe it was obsolete in WC4 - especially when you compare it to the ships the Border Worlds were flying.

Quarto said:
As much as I dislike the Hellcat, I don't think there's any reason to believe it was obsolete in WC4 - especially when you compare it to the ships the Border Worlds were flying.
Really? It seemed pretty obsolete. I could barely down a couple of BW ships in a Hellcat but could take out wave after wave in a BW ship.

Lt.Death100 said:
Really? It seemed pretty obsolete. I could barely down a couple of BW ships in a Hellcat but could take out wave after wave in a BW ship.

Agreed, give me a Banshee over a Hellcat any day. But I found the Hellcat more unflyable WC3 (it wouldnt pull up for some reason)

Quarto said:

Oh yeah hes good at acting, But I do believe his character was a bit of a tosser.

Lt.Death100 said:
Well, you have to take the book into account. The Border Worlds was mostly armed with Rapiers, Ferrets and other obsolete ships. Those ships you saw in the game probably didn't exist in especially large numbers.

Back