I'm sure this is well known already by everyone here but....

AKUMA1

Spaceman
I never knew that WING COMMANDER PROPHECY was originally intended to be part of a NEW trilogy in the series!! :eek:

Shame it never came about though, it would have been AWESOME to see the next two games in the series....

At the moment I am coming towards watching the concluding part of the walk-through of Wing Commander 4 (shown on Youtube) great videos, and a brilliant game in it's own right! for a 1995 game still holds up well!

I reckon there should be some sort of Online momentum going to demand Chris Roberts come back to the franchise!! Re-boot it maybe or continue the series, a bit like what they've done with the new Star Trek Movie.....anyone else agree??

As great as the community support is, no fan would deny that to see a new installment in the series would not be a bad thing at all...If major franchises like Star Wars and Star-trek can come back....why not Wing Commander!! :cool:

The trilogy comment was thrown out by a marketing person or two, but there weren't really two preplanned sequels like what gets suggested here from time to time. We already got Secret Ops, so you could say the "trilogy" was 2/3rds compelte, but the sequel to SO wouldn't have wrapped up the war with the Nephilim. You can read about the game they immediately planned to follow Secret Ops with, Shadow Force, here: https://www.wcnews.com/news/search?body=shadow force

Last edited by a moderator:
even so....

I'll have to check out the Secret Ops stuff soon, though 1st I gotta see what Prophecy was like, but before that I must check the Secret Missions footage from the 1st/2nd Wing Commander don't think I've seen the missions...Generally though I just personally think that for a franchise as big as this....that once had probably the most expensive game made in recent times at the time i.e Wing Commander 4, it deserves to have a MAJOR comeback to the gaming landscape...

Chris Roberts where are you?:p! If it were to make a comeback I reckon it should take a leaf of another BIG Sci-fi franchise, Mass Effect for it's non-combat sections of the game, would be great!

If the likes of Star Wars, Star-Trek, hell even Monkey Island can get a re-boot or new chapters added to them, then so should Wing Commander!! What say fans???

Back