I'm kinda confused.

yes so do transports as show in WCATV wait have you noticed that WCATV has the word CAT in it, maybe it is all a conspiracy created by the kilrathi to make us not think there is an actuall invasion force of cats waiting for us behind that comet!!! I see the Hakaga Carriers now, noooooo its the BoT and I live in Boston, I am going to be anti matter bombed, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Man thats alot! In the ship database it says that the Murphy class destroyer has a light compliment of fighters. How many is that, like six?

The Hades class cruiser had 30 fighters, and the Waterloo had 40 so it would seem that the Tallahassee had about that. Since destroyers are usually smaller what would be the appropriate number of fighters aboard either the Exeter, Murphy or Sheffield?

sup: the shefield is a ship not the class, we do not know the name of that class of destroyers as best as I can tell, but maybe they were terminators like the St. Melens

The Tallahassee carried only four fighters, and several shuttles. Exeters carry a single squadron -- 10 to 16 fighters. Murphies carry something like six fighters.

I would have thought the Tallahassee Cruisers would carry a whole sh*t load of more fighters than that. Since they were the primary combat vessels of their day, I would have said that they should have had more. BTW if exeters can carry a full squadron, why did they always need me to come and rescue them. The could have used their fighters.

Nope, the Tallahassee's were pure cruisers, no overlap...

My guess regarding Exeters would be that they *can* carry fighters, but they usually don't.

Righto LOAF, I was wondering about the Exeters cuz, if they really could then what would be the need for carriers, destoryers cost less so there could be like 3-4 destoryers in an area rather than a carrier fufilling the same job.

The fighters you find on a destroyer will generally be smaller, point-defense ships -- Rapiers and Hellcats and such... larger ships like bombers can't be supported by the tiny area allowed a destroyer.

Yes but if you have Rapiers in WC1 you can take out any enemy cap ship and more importantly, you use te rapiers/hellcats as defence fighters then use the guns/torpedos on the destroyer to kick some cat but!

Well... *Blair* could take out any capship with a Rapier (G) Look at the casulty when a quartet of Rapiers takes out a Snakeir in the SWC intro... an Exeter would have its contingent depleted very quickly.

but Loaf in WC1 there are nothing other than fighters to use against capships. The only one that is better than the rapier at it would be the raptor

Question1: Why did we always use Rapiers and Raptors to take out Frathi and Ralari? Even Hornets and Scimitars could do the job! The mighty Snakeir was no match either...

Question2: I heard that Exeters were meant to carry fighters (somewhere in another thread). Jazz came off the Austin, surprise surprise, an Exeter (remember the defend the Austin from Gratha mission in SM2). So, does it or doesn't it?

Back