I'm Back!

warzog

Spaceman
Finally got my computer problems fixed.

Got back to work on "The Reckoning."
I removed several problem ships, the Ranger, and the pre-Privateer ships.
(Trimming it down for now.)
I've reworked most of the DLL's.
I think I've solved the Empathy problem.
Given new names to the Steltek.
Rearranged the remaining ships, and repaired them.
Given the Kilrathi a new look, not Kats, but non-human for sure.
Removed some useless files.
Removed the intro movie, for now.
About to start a rebuild of Gemini.
Planning on using jumpgates to facilitate navigation.
(Freelancer's nav system doesn't work with jumpholes.)

I could use a few models:
A carrier is a must!
Privateer's refinery would be nice.
The Bearcat, Dragon, and Excalibur would be great!

IMO, the greatest problem with the reckoning is that the models still have their original guns, so that the freelancer ones are sticking out of bizarre places.

Bandit LOAF said:
Bob McDob?
Close... We're both pretty old, both are Wing Commander/Privateer fans, and along with our health & computer problems, we both work on & off on The Reckoning.
Dyret said:
IMO, the greatest problem with the reckoning is that the models still have their original guns, so that the freelancer ones are sticking out of bizarre places.
My understanding is that the models weren't modeled FOR Freelancer, but some other reason. When the modeler(s) were asked if they could be included in the mod, it was on the condition that they weren't changed. So, until someone comes up with a new model, without the WC guns, we're stuck.
Bob McDob said:
Hey wow, great to see you :) I've been out of the FL modding community for a while now, had some medical problems that necessitated moving cross-country and unfortunately I don't think I have my Freelancer CD with me as a result :\ Still, of course I'll offer whatever support I can - I think most notably at the moment that involves my modeling of a Waterloo class cruiser[/i] that can take the place of a light carrier, not to mention fit better with the look).

Once again, great to see you again :)

Thanx, for the welcome back.
I've got a copy of Gamma, I'd like to use the Steltek Scout, Drayman, and the Bearcat, but who gets the credit?
And the Bearcat has no texture on top.
Also, I contacted Tolwyn, and the people at Saga, and I'll probably leave the Ranger/Concordia Class carrier in.
I'd like to move the mod more towards WC III/IV, as it seems EVERY other mod is heavily into WC I/II/Armada.
(It might spark some interest.)
ChrisReid said:
No screenshots, yet...
I'm rebuilding the Gemini Sector from the ground, up.
(I'm going for a darker, moodier look to the mod.)
Added the "Terraforming Corporation" to the list of "factions."
I think I've solved the empathy problem between the factions/player.
I believe I've found a way to give each faction a larger variety of ships.
Tons of ideas came to me when I stopped working on it.
My only real obstacle...
I'm not a modeler!
And the mod doesn't have one.
And the model's are the only real limit to the mod.
Bases, Ships, Weapons, Carriers...

warzog said:
Close... We're both pretty old, both are Wing Commander/Privateer fans, and along with our health & computer problems, we both work on & off on The Reckoning.

Yeah, Bob's a geezer.

I'd like to help with the modelling, but I have so d**n little time. :( I started on some WC ships for FL a while back, but I just never seem to be able to finish them. If something clears up, I'll definately give you a hand, War.

johnhawke said:
I'd like to help with the modelling, but I have so d**n little time. :( I started on some WC ships for FL a while back, but I just never seem to be able to finish them. If something clears up, I'll definately give you a hand, War.
Wow!
Hadn't realized it'd been so long since I was in here!
But, hey, thanx johnhawke, any help would be appreciated.
Can you texture some models?
I've got some Privateer ships that just need textures to be ready.

Warzog and Bob, and the team
just wanted to say thank you so much for your work on this project, I am new
to this universe, just learning space sims and Privateer and Privateer 2 are two that I have really been interested in, but have had a really tough time getting my old copy of Privateer 2 to work, I have the full set of CD's but it keeps freezing on my win 98 se set up...soooo i am hopeful to get there through Freelancer....
but now my freelancer is also freezong...ah well, but at least I am hopeful

i am seeking the prob in my 1/1 Ghz Coppermine 40 GB hd drive, 512 RAM sys
with Win 98 SE, (Geforece FX 5500 Vid, Audity Z2S snd crd) system and am setting
up a AMD Win XP Pro with 300 GB hd drive 1 Gig RAM with dual core, and a faster
Geforce 6600 Vid crd..) but remain hopeful and really want to thank you all for
all your wonderful work on this.....i am not a modeler yet, but hope to be soon

and then....
for now..thanks so much

Back