I'm abit new to wc.. clear things up?

Callisto

Spaceman
Hi there!
I'm sort of new to wing commander.
My friend sort of helped me get into it. The only copy of wc that I have found is an old wc3? for playstation.
I'm pratically missing alot of things in the plotlines and things.
Can anyone of you clear things up?

Oh... depending on whateva I might want to stay at this message board?

Thanks in advance!

Um.. Blair is famous, your enemy is some cat like creatures called Kilrathi(is it?).
You also befriended one of the kilrathi, hobbes.
At the start (intro) it shows that one of the ships were destroyed and your with somebody that you know well.

You get transferred to the Victory, seemingly an old carrier from what I've seen from the intro and thats about all (I think) but I'm up to the part where you duel that test pilot.

If you can tell me anything before wc3 I'd be greatly appreciative.

Thanks,

Oh and the game my friend showed me was wc4 and I saw the part where you see the admiral giving a speech to a group of people, she told me abit about the story of 4. From what I recall she told me that Blair, defects to the Border Worlds and is trying to stop a conspiracy with the Confederation.

I feel it would behoove the entire Wing Commander community as a whole to say the following:

If you haven't played the games yet, don't spoil the story for yourself. Get the games and play them.

Your right, lol.
Then again, I may try my best, but if anybody in Australia knows, it is VERY hard to find anything wing commander, especially in EB.

I understand what your saying but maybe you could make up a quick 1 - 2 sentence summary, nothing revealing of the whole plot, and nvm about wc3 and laterz i'll finish 3 then maybe borrow 4, if i can lol.

I have to do some work now, i'm 'kindly' letting my younger sister on the net until I finish.

Thanks again?

Ok in Wing Commander I you Play Blair (but you can name him what you want, Surname and Call-Sign), and are assigned to the TCS Tiger's Claw. In WC II you play Blair again and are assigned to the TCS Concordia. etc etc.

Best to play the games for yourself though

Wow!

A fellow Aussie on the zone!

Cool!

But yes play from the start, otherwise the suspense is lost!

Down here you can get WC games but the best to find 'em Revolution CD!

Found Kilrathi Saga (WC1+2+3 for Win95+) for $40!!

Dirt cheap (look at ebay to see how hot Kilrathi Saga is!).

Welcome to Wing Commander and prepare for the adventure of a life time!

Originally posted by Saturnyne
I feel it would behoove the entire Wing Commander community as a whole to say the following:

If you haven't played the games yet, don't spoil the story for yourself. Get the games and play them.

Saturnyne's absolutely correct, Callisto. I went and read the script for one of the games prior to playing it and I really regret it. Try to find those games as quickly as possible. Wing Commander has a great story to it.

well... summarizing:

It's the 35th year following the Galactic War between the Terran Confederation and the Kilrathi Empire. In the previous games, Chris Blair was the Hero... with a capital 'H'.
He first served aboard the Bengal-class strike carrier Tiger's Claw, which was later destroyed...
A decade later, fate brought him to serve for a while on the Confederation-class dreadnaught Concordia (which happen to be commanded by Col. Jeannette 'Angel' Deveraux who later becomes Blair's love interest).

Need to know more?

Thanks again, peoples, thats all that I need to know now, thanks Fraix.

Originally posted by Filler
Hey Callisto
you actually live a few suburbs away from me

Really? Cool, so which suburb do you live in?

that ship you saw dead in the wc3 intro is the concordia.

the guy is Paladin, a friend from all the games of blairs, in wc1 he was a fellow pilot, wc2so1 he was spec ops

It never says in the games... so I guess the novels are the best place to go. I have no clue myself, having never read them.

Originally posted by Napoleon
that ship you saw dead in the wc3 intro is the concordia.

the guy is Paladin, a friend from all the games of blairs, in wc1 he was a fellow pilot, wc2so1 he was spec ops

Really, so that was the 'Concordia'?
What does Paladin do, after wc2, is he still spec ops or is he doing something else?

Yo. On the sly, I can direct you to a web site that is really the tell all on Wing Commander. But the others are probably right in that you should experiance it for yourself. I more or less experianced everything first hand before I used the Internet to refer to things, and relive my fave moments. (Such as making...well, that'd be telling, :) beg for their life. I never get sick of that). Never regretted it once. The web site's below. I'll leave it to you to decide whether to go there or not.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/nsswty/Wedge009/

Back