IL-2 fans

lorddarthvik

Spaceman
If you dunno what IL-2 is, and your not interested in WW2 flysims, then this is not your thread. If you do, then stay and listen.

" I have a dreem". IT aint a great one, but youll see it for yourself. Since i started playing that super flysim online, i wanted to join a squadron. I did, but then I thought: How about creating a Wing Commander themed squadron. With plane skins, and markings, pilot skins, and with all the stuff we like...
So, if this already exists, then it deserves some ad anyway, and let me know about it.

If not, then how about some of you join up.
Here i post my first skin (made under a few minutes, its a bit too bright, just for now):

Attachments

• il2drag2.jpg
    il2drag2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 87
Ahhh... the Bf-109G. Cool skin man! Personally I would prefer a Fw-190 D-9, but then again I don't think I would want to have flown for the Luftwaffe. Ten to one odds short parts, fuel, and ammo. Hey wait that sounds like the Terrans in Wing Commander. LOL

Cool texturing, and great idea! I just picked up the IL-2 Forgotten Battles Gold pack the other day, and I'm severely hooked already. I don't know jack about 3d modeling or texturing, so I couldn't help you out there, but if you could round up a few people to fly, I'd be more than willing to pitch in.
Btw, my favorite fighters so far are the Mig-3 and P-63. ;)

Yeah, people tend to like the mig 3 because it has the best turning rate :) BTW, you can paint your own planes, you only need a bit more advanced program then the default Windows PaintBrush.the plane skins are simple bmp. SO, we have our first pilot as Rampage3057. Anyone else?

Back