If there was another 2nd WC movie/film....

Originally posted by LeHah
The problem with popular opinion is that it's actually popular stupidity. You can find 1000 people who think the Phantom Menace sucks and hear what you've heard a 100,000 times before, or you could listen to someone who thought it was OK.

LeHah, meet Rocketgirl. Rocketgirl, meet LeHah.

No, but the film is really bad :D
We went in a group of 10, and 3 stayed to watch it.
Although we were all cheering the bad guys on to kill the little SOB :)

Nope, I'm not like other people who dis a film just because it's popular. It was in fact a terrible derivative film with little originality in it. The score probably isn't as bad as I made it out to be.

It's probably about as good as Star Wars: Ep 1, which had "SOME" good bits in it.

Originally posted by mpanty

Depends if you're British or American... Brits say "harbour", Americans "harbor"...

The movie is called "Pearl Harbor", though if you refer to the event of 1941 in a historical context, you can say either...

...Hate to burst yer bubble, guys, but both Brit's & Americans SAY harbor the same, regardless how it's spelled.

Methinks yer referring to how it's SPELLED, no?...

Kevin Kiner always does a good job. I suggest grabbing the Stargate SG-1 Season One CD that was released by Crescendo two months back.

Originally posted by Napoleon
i would want christopher franke he did great stuff with b5

do not forget tenchi the movie tenchi muyo in love he did the origenal music because he did the stile of japanise music that the dir and prods wanted :D

Originally posted by Unforgiven
And what does that leave the average Dutch boy trying to learn English: confused

I actually remember that in the first grade of Gymnasium (when I was 13) my English teacher didn't allow me to spell colour as color.
And I didn't know it was any other way, because I was used to color from the GW-BASIC 'COLOR' keyword. :D

my spelling teacher said that the first rule to english is there is no rules.
yes she had a doctoret in english.

Originally posted by TC
Bob, it's stupid to make references that nobody will understand...

TC

What? I do it all the time! :)

I'm just going to add that KEVIN KLINER SUCKS for no reason other than to get Astrodog here riled up...:)

There's a difference between making an obscure reference and finding it amusing because people don't get it and making an absolutely stupid reference.

I personally thought that the orchestra music in the WC movie was very good. The opening song, with the camera shot through the asteroids, was very good. I've tried to mimic the main part of the song with this electronic keyboard I won like 5 years ago :)

NOTE: I am working on a WC2 script for anyone who cares. It follows the WC2 storyline, with my own added parts that fill in background detail, and the story's climax is the attack on the captured starbase in Heaven's Gate system. It will end with the destruction of K'Tithrick Mang star base, and will also show Admiral Tolwyn condeming Major Zack "Jazz" Colson to death. The very end will be Thrakath in space saying "I will return humans". I know Admiral Tolwyn condeming Jazz to death came at the beggining of the Special Operations for WC2, but this works better for the screenplay :)

Originally posted by Firebird
NOTE: I am working on a WC2 script for anyone who cares. It follows the WC2 storyline, with my own added parts that fill in background detail, and the story's climax is the attack on the captured starbase in Heaven's Gate system. It will end with the destruction of K'Tithrick Mang star base, and will also show Admiral Tolwyn condeming Major Zack "Jazz" Colson to death. The very end will be Thrakath in space saying "I will return humans". I know Admiral Tolwyn condeming Jazz to death came at the beggining of the Special Operations for WC2, but this works better for the screenplay :)

Hey, I certainly DO care! :D
I'm a (recently graduated) director now, and have been working in my free time on a script myself - but actually on an alternative script for "another first" WC movie. I would find it cool if there was any chance to get a look at your script one day - it would be pretty interesting!

Ciao
B.S.

Hey sounds good. I currently have 14 pages done in Word. I have it broken up into scenes, with camera shot information and any actions in italics, with spoken dialouge like a script would be set up.

Wow, a shooting script, acutally! :) Well, mine's a standart script (which means camera information only where I intend to make something special). I have about 65 pages done, using a screenplay template for Word. But lately process has been a bit slow. Too much to do with my job.

Ciao
B.S.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
I'm just going to add that KEVIN KLINER SUCKS for no reason other than to get Astrodog here riled up...:)

You also misspelled his name, you jackass. :mad:

Cool. I just started to work on this one. I try ;) not to go into too much detail with the camera shot information.

You might think it's total crap, I don't know. I'm just using it as a creative outlet. If you want to read some of it, I could just make a big post or I could email it to you :)

NOTE: I do need help getting some details right, like system names, and personel names. I'm suprised at how much I remember from the game, however I did misplace my WC2 CD a long time ago :( I had the delux version, with the speech pack, and both Special Operations.

LOAF is your savior, Firebird! He already was under the people helping me when I had detail questions for my script. A big thanks again for that at this point to him and all others who helped (and probably don't even remember doing so;)). :)

eMail would be nice: My address is buttseriously@hotmail.com. I could also send you what's finished of mine, if you are interested. But I have to warn you: I didn't get hooked on the games' detail totally, but acutally changed some details about the universe and/or characters for, well, let's say "story demands". I also adapted a modified version of the pilgrim concept. I thought it was one of the (too few IMHO) good ideas in the real movie script.

And about crap scripts: I bet there's also a lot of people out there who'd consider mine to be crap, too. Being a graduated director does not save you from that.

Ciao
B.S.

Back