I'd like to make a donation.

DyNaMiX

Spaceman
After rumaging through some old stuff, I've come across a little collection of sealed Kilrathi starter decks from the Wing Commander Card Game.

I'd like to donate them to the CIC. I've been a very strong Wing Commander fan since I got my first sound card back in 1991. I played the game to death and can still remember just about every cut-scene and mission from every game.

The CIC not only represents the same passion for Wing Commander, but also many old games that go unnoticed these days.

So my repayment for all the effort: 5 Kilrathi starter decks and ~5 opened (and slightly scrambled) Terran starter decks. The terran decks aren't as they were originally, one or two might be, but the rest look like a mixture of different terran cards that have all come from the same boxes and simply been shuffled between them. Don't ask, I have no idea...

Either way I'd like to donate these decks to the CIC for use in their competitions or simply helping other fans get their collections finished/started. I know how hard it is to start collecting a card game. I've already got quite a few common/uncommon cards so opening these would be selfish and unproductive.

Hey, thanks for the offer. The CCG can be somewhat hard to find today. The starter decks were random assortments, so it shouldn't matter too much if their contents were mixed.

We probably don't have any sort of card game competition any time soon, so maybe some kind of random drawing or small contest would be better. You can decide which way you want to go with that.

Hey, thanks for the offer. The CCG can be somewhat hard to find today. The starter decks were random assortments, so it shouldn't matter too much if their contents were mixed.

We probably don't have any sort of card game competition any time soon, so maybe some kind of random drawing or small contest would be better. You can decide which way you want to go with that.

Sounds good.

I was thinking a fun contest might be a 'round-robin' Armada tournament or perhaps an Academy Simulator competition.

Give all the wing nuts something to aim and train for. However I'm worried access to Armada/Academy might restrict things. I know it would for me personally, I don't own either games.

I'm not too fussy about it, I'm quite happy to post these off to you blokes and let you decide what they should be used for.

Just thought they'd be a nice addition for CIC prizes or something. Wing Commander fans will appreciate these more than others.

Sounds good.

I was thinking a fun contest might be a 'round-robin' Armada tournament or perhaps an Academy Simulator competition.

Give all the wing nuts something to aim and train for. However I'm worried access to Armada/Academy might restrict things. I know it would for me personally, I don't own either games.

I think an academy sim competetion would be too hard to actually monitor. Armada similarly, though at least you have two sides to argue the case online. Whereas the standoff sim leaderboard is posted online without the medling of the the actual players.

Armada might not be bad. I wouldn't worry about people not having particular games, but Armada demands a particularly low latency connection. HCl has been working on some Prophecy engine multiplayer improvements as well, so there'd be potential for new multiplayer contests in the spring or summer maybe. The simplest option would be sending them to us, and they'd turn into a Birthday Party prize in August at the latest.

Armada might not be bad. I wouldn't worry about people not having particular games, but Armada demands a particularly low latency connection. HCl has been working on some Prophecy engine multiplayer improvements as well, so there'd be potential for new multiplayer contests in the spring or summer maybe. The simplest option would be sending them to us, and they'd turn into a Birthday Party prize in August at the latest.

Sounds great.

Who should I contact to sort this out and get it posted?

use the Standoff Simulator, itd be the easiest to monitor since it goes straight from the game to the CIC (I think thats where it goes haha) and itd be difficult to edit since its not on your computer for long.

Sounds great.

Who should I contact to sort this out and get it posted?

I'll send you a message.

use the Standoff Simulator, itd be the easiest to monitor since it goes straight from the game to the CIC (I think thats where it goes haha) and itd be difficult to edit since its not on your computer for long.

We did that once with Pete after Episode 3 came out. At this point I'd probably wait and see what happens with Episode 4.

Back