I'd like a little advice on a Kilrathi mod idea

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I've been wanting to get a good Wc mod going for awhile. Unfortunately I lack the appropriate software to really create anything for SO or Freelancer and any project I get going I want to be able stay fairly heavily involved in, rather than simply starting a story and sit back while other people do the work. Basically if I lose all help, or can't get any to begin with, I want something I could carry on with on my own. So anyway I got looking at things and came up with a current game that I can mod myself, if need be, but could benefit with any help available.
It's still pretty much in the idea stage, and I want to start learning some of the editing skills on smaller throwaway projects before hitting this full bore, but here's the idea:
The mod would be for Diablo 2 (yep Diablo 2) and the story would follow the Kiranka clan's struggle against a tyrranical clan that has enslaved them, during the great civil wars that ultimately unite the Kilrathi empire. So basically the player picks his or her character class which would include:
Infantryman: Whose main weapon would be an assault rifle (not very accurate but high rate of fire
Mercenary Hunter: this character class would be similar to a ronin type of character and would specialize in using a sniper rifle, much more powerful and accurate
Warrior Prince: this character would be more of a jack of all trades, relatively useful with just about any weapon
Priestess of Sivar: Maybe the only "magic" character class
Honor Guard: This character would be most proficient in swords and melee weapons.
:and then the character sets off across the four chapters hunting down the nobles from the tyrant clan.
I haven't come up with enough classes to replace all of the classes in the Lord Of Destruction version of D2, like said I'm still in the earliest of stages, but I would like some feedback on the idea. Maybe my first project will be to produce a machinegun for D2LOD to see if it's possible.

I'm not a Diablo fan, but I must say that this sounds entirely cool. As much as I love space flight sim mods, it's good to see someone going somewhere truly different in a WC setting. I've always wanted a good WC FPS mod, but that's just dreaming. I would go buy a copy of Diablo2 just to play the mod when it's done. I hope you get some help on this. It sounds like a great idea. Good luck.

Back