iceman

Piney Boy

Spaceman
I have been reading this thread and there is something I might have missed. I though Iceman died in one of the Secret Missions. I remember playing on of them(SM1 I think) and hearing that Iceman died. Now saying he survived the destruction of the Tigers Claw is screwing with my head. The Tigers Claw was destroyed before WC2. Can someone explain this to me?

All of your wingmen can die in the original Wing Commander. Bossman is the only one who is really supposed to die.

------------------
Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Yeah, like the first time I flew with Maniac on my wing in Wing Commander 1, he died.
smile.gif
Obviously, he didn't really die, or else he wouldn't have been around in Special Operations 2, Wing Commander 3, Wing Commander 4, Wing Commander: Prophecy, and Secret Ops.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maniac wasn't in SO he was mentioned in the Prophecy Gold Manual in the SO section but was never in the actual game.

Right, sorry
redface.gif
. It's been about a year and a half since I last played SO.

------------------

Lots of people can be mentioned in the manual and not be in the game.

First time I played the Secret Missions, Iceman and Angel copped it cos of that series overflow bug. Grrr.

BTW, Bossman karked it and Paladin retired to make room on the killboard for Jazz and Doomsday. Strange, huh?

Well, in the savegame files, yes. Unlike the later WCs, WC1 was very rigid in its structure. There were only a few pilot slots in the savegame file. So if Bossman and Paladin hadn't been removed, Doomsday and Jazz would have been effectively immortal because the game wouldn't be keeping track of them.
But of course, there are also storyline reasons
wink2.gif

I understand all that, it's just that there were certainly more pilots than the eight(?) we see on the killboard, and well... I was just feeling picky. Y'know how it is.
smile.gif

Yeah, well, we don't care about those other pilots, do we?
smile.gif

------------------

A fun game would be to see how many Tiger's Claw pilots you can come up with. I may try my hand at this later tonight...

Didn't we do this one already?

TC

------------------
Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC
You are in no way entitled to any WC games, if you don't have them its your own damn fault.

Hmmm... Does that include characters from the movie/movie books, too?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Dralthi5 (edited November 08, 2000).]

I'll have to dig through my stuff, though I don't know many of the Movie realted pilots, at least ones from the books. I second the vote for LOAF to do the work. He could do it during the Kansas game which should be a cake walk
smile.gif
However, since I think he is at the Faire I'll toss these in. This is by no means complete, and it more or less from memory, so there may be mispellings, or only callsigns or partial names.

From the game(s)
Christopher "Maverick" Blair
Jeanette "Angel" Devereaux
Todd "Maniac" Marshall
James "Paladin" Taggart
Joseph "Knight" Khumalo
Ian St. "Hunter" John
Michael "Iceman" Casey
Mariko "Spirit" Tanaka or vice versa
Kien "Bossman" Chen or vice versa
"Jazz" Colson
Etienne "Doomsday" Montclaire
S.E. "Broadway" Sarasin
Fatima "Cymbals" Haroud
Larry "Tooner" Dibbles
R.A. "Mule-skinner" Skinner
"Shotglass" (Retired, but got the impression he flew off the Claw at one point)
Col. Halcyon (I never saw him fly from the Claw, but I think I remember reading that he did)

From the non-movie novels

"Youngblood"

From WCATV
Gwen "Archer" Bowman
Grunt
Payback

These are from the movie, I "think" they are all pilots, but I may very well be wrong.
Rosie Forbes
Merlin
Forbes
Obutu
Belegarde

These are from the movie, I "think" they are all pilots, but I may very well be wrong.
Rosie Forbes
Merlin
Forbes
Obutu
Belegarde
Forbes, and Rosie Forbes are the same person.
smile.gif
Belgrade is the XO from the Concordia, and Obutu is a bridge officer on the Claw, comunications IIRC. Merlin is Blair’s personal computer with a holograph interface.

Captain Maria "La Dona" Alvarez flew with Knight during the Enyo engagement, but I'm not sure if she served on the Tiger's Claw.

------------------

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited November 09, 2000).]

I remember more now. I recall the callsigns Lightning, Turtle, and Redbird. Also, Jazz's first name was Zach, Shotglass's first name was Sam, and I think Colonel Halcyon's first name was Peter.

------------------

[This message has been edited by WildWeasel (edited November 09, 2000).]

Shane said:
Ian St. "Hunter" John

Ian "Hunter" St John. Just being picky.
smile.gif

And yes, it is Zach Colson, Peter Halcyon and Shotglass's name is Sam. Is there a surname in that?

Yeah very tired, couple 4 hour nights. Stayed up to wtach the returns, then had a long day yesterday at work and one today. Lots of waiting which is why I was able to post though. The movie ones I pulled from the Web, which is why I wasn't sure about them. I know Freedom Flight has some more, but that is at home. As for "La Dona", the Enyo Engagement per Claw Marks was before the Bengal Class was put up for bid ideas, but that doesn't prove it one way or the other. Knight fought there and served on the Claw, assuming she survived she could have as well. Unfortunately, no proof, that I know of, either way. As for Lightning, the only Lightning I remember was from the WC Academy manaul and was the younger brother of the guy "writing" the manual. I didn't think he flew off the Claw, but I may be mistaken.

Back