I need to know an answer about WC2 weapons

Concordia

Swabbie
Banned
How much damage does a WC2 Anti-Matter Gun do?

Is there ANY WC2 fighter that can withstand a single bolt-direct hit and still remain flying?

-Concordia

Why exactly do you need this information? If you're lucky you can survive a hit in a Broadsword (or Crossbow).

Originally posted by ChrisReid
Why exactly do you need this information? If you're lucky you can survive a hit in a Broadsword (or Crossbow).

For determine weapon's damage ratings for WC2...

Okay, so a Broadsword or Crossbow can withstand a single hit?

One bolt or two?

-Concordia

I don't remember what the manuals say, but inside the game, the anti-matter gun does exactly 30 centimetres of damage, and has a range of 10,000 metres. And, if you're interested, the PTC does 120 cm of damage, and has a range of 8,000 metres.

In an ideal situation, the Broadsword & Crossbow could survive 3 AMG shots (both have 50/50 shields and 40/40/35 armour - 3 shots would wipe away everything, but wouldn't damage the interior). However, such a situation never arises in the games. During a torpedo run, you've always got the flak hacking away at your shields, and you may have already taken some damage while killing the fighters. Consequently, as Chris says, you can survive just one shot. And that, Concordia, is why flak cannons are not stupid or useless :).

In an ideal situation, the Broadsword & Crossbow could survive 3 AMG shots (both have 50/50 shields and 40/40/35 armour - 3 shots would wipe away everything, but wouldn't damage the interior).

Canonically, though, the AMG's skip the opposing fighter's shields -- so it'd be a maximum of two shots.

In my experience, if your ship has no other armor damage at all, then a Sabre or Morningstar can survive one AMG hit and a Broadsword or Crossbow can survive two hits (but not to the same quadrant necessarily).

I just finished playing through WC2 and the add-ons a few days ago and in game, I've gotten away with the Crossbow, Broadsword, Morninstar, Sabre and Rapier (though it severely screwed my ship up) being hit with a AMG. As Loaf said though, from canon, AMG's bypass shields so the the crossbow would be able to take one hit with some major damage, but the Broadsword would probably be taken out (last I checked neither the Broadsword nor the crossbow had over 30cm of armor, you can double check me on that one Quarto - I've actually been hit with an AMG in a Broadsword with no shields and next to full armor and I survived but with an extremely damaged ship. Needless to say, I didn't make it out of the flak barrage)

C-ya

The WC2 Rapier has very low armor. However, it can take a LOT of damage on its systems (and lose some weapons) and still make it back in (barely) one piece.

Maybe. One time I was chasing those Sartha and I saw at a glance that big pink ball slowly moving away from the Concordia. Seconds later something struck my Ferret and it blew up. Might have been the Fralthra´s AMG, though.

Originally posted by BadNacho
Has anyone ever been hit by a PTC? I've tried several times to get in the way but never made it.

i have. i was going after a sartha, broke right, and had just enough time to see that damn pink ball fill up the screen before i died.

Originally posted by BadNacho
Has anyone ever been hit by a PTC? I've tried several times to get in the way but never made it.

Yes.
A clean kill...

Originally posted by Viper61
(last I checked neither the Broadsword nor the crossbow had over 30cm of armor, you can double check me on that one Quarto - I've actually been hit with an AMG in a Broadsword with no shields and next to full armor and I survived but with an extremely damaged ship. Needless to say, I didn't make it out of the flak barrage)
Not 30 cm. 40 cm :). I know, I know, that's not what the manual says. These are the stats from the game itself. Of course, deciding whether the manual stats are more canon than the in-game stats is a difficult issue in itself, but it's one that we can sidestep in this discussion, since we're more concerned with what happens when you take an AMG hit in the game than what ought to happen according to the canon (actually, does anybody ever take an AMG hit outside of the games?).

Anyway, as I recall (vaguely), AMG guns are usually fired all at once, which means that usually, when you take an AMG hit, you take two AMG hits - that would explain what happened to you. But I haven't played WC2 for so long that I could be remembering it wrong.

Originally posted by Quarto
Not 30 cm. 40 cm :). I know, I know, that's not what the manual says. These are the stats from the game itself. Of course, deciding whether the manual stats are more canon than the in-game stats is a difficult issue in itself, but it's one that we can sidestep in this discussion, since we're more concerned with what happens when you take an AMG hit in the game than what ought to happen according to the canon (actually, does anybody ever take an AMG hit outside of the games?).

Anyway, as I recall (vaguely), AMG guns are usually fired all at once, which means that usually, when you take an AMG hit, you take two AMG hits - that would explain what happened to you. But I haven't played WC2 for so long that I could be remembering it wrong.

Okay, which had 40???

The Broadsword has 40 cm of armor? Or the AMG's do 40 cm damage? Or the AMG's do 20 points of damage per bolt? Or what?

-Concordia

Pay attention, Concordia:

Originally posted by Quarto
I don't remember what the manuals say, but inside the game, the anti-matter gun does exactly 30 centimetres of damage, and has a range of 10,000 metres. And, if you're interested, the PTC does 120 cm of damage, and has a range of 8,000 metres.

In an ideal situation, the Broadsword & Crossbow could survive 3 AMG shots (both have 50/50 shields and 40/40/35 armour - 3 shots would wipe away everything, but wouldn't damage the interior). However, such a situation never arises in the games. During a torpedo run, you've always got the flak hacking away at your shields, and you may have already taken some damage while killing the fighters. Consequently, as Chris says, you can survive just one shot. And that, Concordia, is why flak cannons are not stupid or useless :).

Actually, if you fly out around 12000 or beyond, you evade the flak, yet AMG still can get you. Its happened many times to me and I've had to change course, thus upsetting my torpedo targetting. That way, you can test the effects of the AMG solely.

Also I've moved in front of a PTC many times in a dogfight and haven't been killed. I think those that have must have copped it from behind by a nice little Sartha.

Back