I need some help...

Ben

Spaceman
Alright, first off, I'm a Mac user. Hope I don't get flamed for it or anything, but I want people to know that as it is the problem. I like the Wing Commander Series, at least the ones I can find for Mac. I only have Wing Commander 1, 3, and 4. I was curious as to see if Wing Commander 2 or Privateer would be coming out for Mac any time soon? In my search for these games in Mac format, I found one site outta hundreds that said Wing Commander 2 was out for Mac, yet when I went to order it, it said "sold out" so I am assuming this is a default. Am I correct?

Ben

Ben, have you tried Ebay.com and Auctions.yahoo.com ?

That's mean, Napoleon.

I take it you've played Super Wing Commander, Ben? That's one of the few WCs which most PC users like myself have never experienced.

Yes..

your correct. WC1 is SWC. Its a tight game, too bad it doesn't have the nice graphics prophecy or privateer has. I can't afford another comp right now, which really sucks. I think WC is the best game ever made. It has all the different things that happen based on your choices, I've beaten all of them from Rookie to Nightmare (the three I have that is), but its really sad that none of the others will come out for Mac. (Privateer, I'm just now finding out about academy and those games.) What I would like right now is WC2 and Prophecy, as they look tight and have the original(whom have played throughout the rest of the game) in it. I wanna know what hapenned to pilots like Spirit (SWC) but I cannot without WC2, I'd like to know whats up w/ Flash or Maniac (he and Blair finally were getting along on WC4) This curiosity will kill me someday

Ben

lol ur gonna be disapointed, flash is purely wc3, we all wish maniac would die in wc4 but wc2 is great (watch spirit!)

cant say id paticularly want prophecy if i hadnt got t, not the greatest, engines good tho!

Unfortunately, Origin stopped developing products for Mac some years back... UO Mac was the last one in development, and it got canned. I don't think they ever even considered Prophecy.

(Although based on SWC, they clearly wanted to do a SWC 2 -- they introduce things like Tolwyn and the stealth fighters...)

Re: Yes..

Originally posted by Ben
your correct. WC1 is SWC. Its a tight game, too bad it doesn't have the nice graphics prophecy or privateer has.
Ben

...Although SWC had bettter graphix than WC1 or 2, from what I've seen:

I once picked it up @ a store for like, $10, hoping I could get it to play on my PC using some sorta emulator. I wasn't able to, so I got my $$ back. But, while I had it, I perused the flight handbook in the jewel case: The graphix (screenshots) appeared to be superior to either of the 1st 2 games. Too bad!...

Super Wing Commander has graphics on par with Privateer (same style, # of colors, resolution, etc).

Well then

Privateer must really suck. I mean when I compare SWC's graphics to WC4: The Price of Freedom, there is literally NO CONTEST. I was wondering: seeing how I won't buy a PC (need more money) what happens in WC2? Who lives? who dies? Where'd Iseman go (seeing how his son is Prophecy's main character) All I know is you are accused of blowing up the Tigers Claw, how'd Spirit and Angel and Maniac live through that?

Also, in Wing Commander 3 it would have been great if Maniac died, same with Super Wing Commander. He was crazy/mean in those two games; however, for some reason he's friendly to you in Wing Commander 4. He doesn't rag you as much, and when he does, you can tell he is joking unlinke in Wing Commander 3. It is fun to watch Dekker hit him, but still, killing him is a bit extreme.

I wish they would start making Mac Games again. I like the Wing Commander series a lot. The perfect Wing Commander in my opinion would have the debreifing in Super Wing Commander (you, the pilot, explains what happens in detail, <it would be cool if you could lie> then the commanding officer says who killed what <you killed Thrakath Colenol Blair, along with 6 other kills for instance>) combining it with Wing Commander 4's graphics and rotation storylines based on decisions. That'd be awesome. in my humble opinion

Ben

Re: Well then

Originally posted by Ben
Privateer must really suck. I mean when I compare SWC's graphics to WC4: The Price of Freedom, there is literally NO CONTEST.
I think it's really funny how some people think the word 'literally' is some kind of superlative, and not a word meant to indicate that a proceeding statement has literal meaning.

Re: Re: Well then

Originally posted by Frosty

I think it's really funny how some people think the word 'literally' is some kind of superlative, and not a word meant to indicate that a proceeding statement has literal meaning.

Well, ummm, OK, Perfessor...:D

Some thoughts

Well if Privateer had as good graphics as Super Wing Commander it would have the graphics of the raving 1995. Wow, I wanna go buy it right now!(sarcasm) I like the Wing Commander series, and the graphics are awsome in most games, as well as the storyline, but I think you are a exaggerating a little bit if you say the Privateers graphics are AS good as Super Wing Commander. (No offence to 1995 games, I still like SWC.)

Whats the deal with Privateer anyway, I never heard of it till I visited this site.

Also, I wanna know, why is it Seether is about the suckiest guy in the Wing Commander 4 Games (even though he's the perfect genetic killing machine) He was supposed to be awesome, but on Ace, he;'s easier to take out then a hellcat. He comesd up behind you, launches a few guns (go up and you avoid that) and 1 missle (1 decoy) when you get on his tail he cloaks, you have about 2 hours to shoot him from then onwards because, for some strange reason, inside a Dragon I can see all cloaked ships. He's hella easy.

Ben

[Note: I really hope Macsoft gets the rest of the WC series transferred to the Mac like Rainbow 6 and other pretty cool games.]

Back