I need informations about the concordia(s)

Kilroy

Spaceman
Can anyone feed me with some facts about the Concordia? There must have been at last two, because the first one was destroyed in Actions Stations. What Class was she?

And does anyone know something about that "biggest carrier of the Confederation" that was destroyed during the attack on McAuliffe (also Action Stations)?

What happened to the first Concordia is documented in the book you just mentioned: Action Stations.

For all intensive purposes, shes slammed to shit by a Kilrathi invasion force, since Confed can't raise enough
Cap ships during the Confederation Day on McAullife (named after a WWII surprise attack on American forces, I believe)

And for some reason, she was white...Any time someone reminds me of that Concordia, I can't help but see it as a bleach white version of the Intrepid for some reason. :(

She was white... just like the other Concordia class carriers we see, Lexington and Princeton (Well... white and gray).

There have been three Concordias... the one in Action Stations, the SuperCruiser in the WC movie and the one in WC2.

Is the ship named Concordia always the Confederation's flagship? The movie one was, and so was the WC2 connie IIRC. I assume there was another ship commissioned as Concordia after the last one to bear the name was destroyed.

not that we know of all we know of are the 3, Concordia Class Carrier, Concordia Class Supercruiser, and Confederation Dreadnought. If there was one it would make sense to be a Vesuvius Class since that was the most powerful class the we know of being built after the War, if not that then it should be a Midway class

Er, I know the Coral Sea was the heaviest carrier of the pre-War era...it had a single launch ramp, and was very old. It was destroyed when the Kilrathi torched the skyhook at McAuliffe.

I thought the Midway was more powerful than the Vesuvius, fighter wise. I'm not sure about the mounted guns.

No, the Vesuvius outweighs the Midway, fighter wise, by about 148 fighters. The Midway would toast the Vesuvius if it got in range of the plasma cannon, though...

It's still there as of SO...or at least, the only shot of it we get, at the beginning. Other than that, I don't think they'd remove a powerful-yet-"buggy" :) piece of equipment.

Then again, they did it with the Phase-Transit Cannon...

They didn't really 'remove' the PTC... it's kinda hard to do it when large parts of the ship are built around it...

TC

Yes, they stopped building Confederation class ships in '65.

The Midway appears later in SO, and the plasma weapon is still mounted, IIRC. (Of course it's there in the intro -- Midway was returning from Nephilim space, and had no time for a refit).

Vesuvii are very expensive -- Midways are designed to be big and cheap.

Coral Sea was the fleet's heaviest carrier, circa 2634.

The flagship isn't always the Concordia -- the movie one was, but the WC2 one was not... it was flagship of the 14th Fleet. Given the gaps between the first two Concordias, I don't believe it's necessary to *always* have a Concordia in service.

Originally posted by Nep Parth
The Midway would toast the Vesuvius if it got in range of the plasma cannon, though...
We had a Midway vs Vesuvius discussion before... and it wasn't very pleasant. In any case, I believe the Midway would just toast itself. :)

Back