I need buying/downloading advice

Hi! I own the original(not emulated) Amiga Wing Commander(not the CD32, though). Is super WC better? Where do I get it/is it worth the trouble of getting it? Also, I saw on that they have the Kilrathi saga. I don't own WCII... is there a place I could buy it, or can I download it with a clean conscience?

https://www.wcnews.com/wheretobuy.shtml is a good place to start, apparently.

Super Wing Commander is essentially the original WC with 'updated' sprites and an extra Secret Missions often referred to as "SM1.5" AFAIK, it plays on a Macintosh, though I think there may have been another system it was available on.

Don't ask where to download Kilrathi Saga, any such copies are illegal (read the rules). [Excepting the SM and SO add-ons, of course]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry! But still, the question stands...

Right! Sorry about that. Should've read the rules. Silly git. Still, does anyone know where I could PURCHASE WCII or Super Wing Commander?(I have access to a mac and a PC and an amiga, so platform doesn't matter)

Everyone also goes on about eBay and such. There's usually a list of the next five [WC] auctions on the front page of the CIC as well.

i have 3 copies left of WC Kilarathi Saga they are brand new and never been opened i sold my other 2 on eBay the price is $300 plus shipping and handling let me know if interested

I only regret that I have but one life to give confed,,Loozer>>Hells Kitchen, Vega Sector

<talks to self>$US300 roughly $A580... plus postage etc... wait, $A580! :eek:</talks to self>

Erm, that's quite steep, though I suppose if you have the goods and the demand...

Originally posted by Loozer
i have 3 copies left of WC Kilarathi Saga they are brand new and never been opened i sold my other 2 on eBay the price is $300 plus shipping and handling let me know if interested
Save the spam for IMs and leave this board clean.

Lelapinmechant, I suggest you see if you can get a Panasonic 3DO model FZ-10 and a copy of SWC off of eBay. It shouldn't cost a lot at all. Under $30 for sure.

i can get you the Pacific version of KS (Made in Singapore) for S$60, not counting postage, shipping and handling

Originally posted by dacis2
i can get you the Pacific version of KS (Made in Singapore) for S$60, not counting postage, shipping and handling

me me me me want it, i think paying moa than 80 bucks for a game is insane

Originally posted by Loozer

Please refrain from price-gouging at the CZ.

Hi,

If you live in the Uk, they sell the original WC2 for about £5 in those cheap bookshops. (County Bookshops, I think)

Cheers

No UK... what's with 3DO?

Sadly, I don't live in the UK. What's this Pacific version? Is there an Atlantic version? Is SWC for the Mac better/worse/same/cheaper/harder to find than that for 3DO?

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
What's this Pacific version?
Just different distribution channels, I think. eg Since I live in Australia, my WCP was manufactured in Singapore (and hence has a crummy mention of null-G bomblets which never made it to the game, instead of a lovely WCP map).

Originally posted by Lelapinmechant
Is SWC for the Mac... harder to find than that for 3DO?
I suspect it'd be easier to find, given that there are still Macs around [in general use] (unlike 3DOs)...

I've got some SWC macs I can sell for low low prices <G>

I'm looking for one of those Null-G bomblet manuals, though... <G>

Thought you would have managed to get one by now. Still, how hard is it to make an on-line manual like TC did for Claw Marks and the WC2 manual?

Originally posted by Wedge009
Thought you would have managed to get one by now. Still, how hard is it to make an on-line manual like TC did for Claw Marks and the WC2 manual?

I have a digital version <G>

Back