I Must Admit

Status
Not open for further replies.
heavy said:
If i start a thread about what ships have the most beautiful designs in all the WC games then i'm baiting people here ?????

Actually, you started the thread to admit that you never played SO before Standoff. You then went into a tangent about ship design.

I'm sure theres plenty of room for a great thread about ship design through the WC series, but I wonder if you'd ever have anything of substance to add to it.

heavy said:
Some replies have arguements, while others replies only try to attack me and insult me.

Some posts have intelligence, while other replies only try to troll and insult other people.

heavy said:
I started a thread with respect and i have been called TROLL and JERK... What kind of respect is that ???

Respect is to be earned, not given freely. Some of us have had to stick around for a long time before anyone really gave us the time of day - but look at Goku, he was a silly little jerk when he first came on but now #wingnut wouldn't be the same without him and his incessant "hehehe"-ing.

What I'm trying to say is that maybe you're going about all this with the wrong attitude. You seem very angry and confrontational from your first post - using words like "hate", "worst" and "suck". We're put off by that, even if it is simply a badly bolstered opinion. Just ease off the throttle a little, okay?

LeHah said:
(Also - if this guy is rounding 40, how old is his videogame reviewing dad? Worse case scenario, his parents had this guy at 20 - so his dad is now 60 and reviewing video games?)

Yes, my father is 58 and i was born when he was 18, and for sure he can beat your ass in lots of videogames. You don't need to be an athlete to play videogames.

A bad scenario ???? I don't think that to receive every month a box with the latest videogames is a bad scenario. For years i was a lucky man who had the latest videogames for free.

Do you think that a 58 years old man can't work as videogames reviewer ???? I can tell you that my father worked not only as videogames reviewer in the most important magazine from my country for several years (i don't live in USA, maybe that's why my english is poor), he also worked as hardwarwe designer and videogames programmer in the most important labels from my country.

Some people has taken my opiniom about the prophecy ships like a personal attack. I still don't understand why i should be called "TROLL" and "JERK" just because i don't like the nephilim designs.

Some replies said also that i don't like the WC games. That's not true. I like a lot WC3 & WC4, i only said that i hate the Prophecy and Secret Ops ships designs. While the Alien comms and voices are awesome, some ships are really ugly like the Barracuda.

LeHah said:
Respect is to be earned, not given freely.

Respect is a human right. At least on the civilized world.

I started this thread only to talk about ships designs and now it seems to be a thread about if i should be attacked and insulted. Yes, i said "HATE". That's because i don't play videogames, i feel the videogames. And hate is a feeling. If i like a game then i LOVE the game. If i don't like a game then i HATE the game.

Have you ever shouted at your monitor ????
Sometimes i shout at my monitor. I feel the games.

heavy said:
Yes, my father is 58 and i was born when he was 18, and for sure he can beat your ass in lots of videogames.

Oh, well, shit. I'll come out and say I'm not very good at games usually. I don't devote the time to them like most people my age do. I mean, LOAF and ace watched Frosty kick my ass in F-Zero a couple years ago. (I still play a mean game of Smash Bros though, thank you)

heavy said:
A bad scenario ???? I don't think that to receive every month a box with the latest videogames is a bad scenario. For years i was a lucky man who had the latest videogames for free.

Hey, more power to you. Can I see a picture of this collection? I'm sure it's amazing, considering the SIZE that damned thing has to be. I can imagine it taking up most of my basement.

heavy said:
Some people has taken my opiniom about the prophecy ships like a personal attack. I still don't understand why i should be called "TROLL" and "JERK" just because i don't like the nephilim designs.

It's not that you dislike them, its how you're saying it. Here, let me make an example...

Right Way: "You know, I never liked the alien ships in Prophecy. They were too simple and looked too much like fish - it just never clicked with me. I always loved the angular look of the Kilrathi, it seemed more alien to me. Prophecy is fun and all but the look bothered me"

Wrong Way: "In my opiniom, Prophecy and Secret Ops have the worst space ships designs i have ever seen. Where have gone all the beautiful ships from WC3/4 and Privateer 2 ????
i'm sorry for the designer, but the nephilim ships design just suck. Maybe the Barracuda is the worst ship ever... "

See the difference? I quantified what I disliked about the subject (though I actually do like the ship designs) by citing examples instead of just throwing out what I thought and hoped it would stick.

heavy said:
i only said that i hate the Prophecy and Secret Ops ships designs.

Truth be told - I felt weird seeing the Prophecy ships for a while. They seemed like a really big design jump from WC4 to Prophecy. But then you have to realize thats nothing compared to the jump from sprites to 3D meshes from Wing Commander 2 to Wing Commander 3.

heavy said:

Why do I have this sudden feeling that I'm Mr Dubois and this is History and Moral Philosophy class?

heavy said:
Have you ever shouted at your monitor ???? Sometimes i shout at my monitor. I feel the games.

They have pills for that, I think.

I've broken several expensive TM joysticks in my day...once was while playing KS...talk about yelling at a monitor...and the yelling I got from my dad for breaking a $120 joystick....hey now

Bandit LOAF said:
It doesn't seem like a big issue. Yes, his story is crazy and impossible... but on the internet we can all be whatever age we want. A number buys you no respect here -- a fifteen year old who makes a great point will always be the superior of someone who says he's thirty nine and doesn't.
Amen...

(I'm fifteen)

And heavy...somtimes the world says it's it is civilized, but it's not.
For example here is quote from a gladiator from Germania on Ancient Roman baths:
"You call yourselves civilized? You get about fifty or more men and women, and they all go to the public baths. They all strip in front of each other, get in a giant pool of heated water, and they talk about how civilized and great they are. In Germania we take a baths one at a time...in private while no one else looks."

Also respect must be earned. It is not a right.

This would just sound funny,

"Respect me! It's human right! Your denying my human rights by not giving me any respect!"

heavy said:
I still don't understand why i should be called "TROLL" and "JERK" just because i don't like the nephilim designs.

As plainly as possilbe:

You admit your ignorant of the subject matter, say it sucks, and then proceed to bash the art team. All in your first post.

heavy said:
Respect is a human right.

"I don't get no respect."

Originally Posted by heavy

No, anyone who has served in a leadership role anywhere will tell you you must earn respect from your subordinates, and your boss. They may have to respect your job position, but you must earn their respect and confidence. Same goes anywhere else in the world.

LeHah said:
Hey, more power to you. Can I see a picture of this collection? I'm sure it's amazing, considering the SIZE that damned thing has to be. I can imagine it taking up most of my basement.

Well, i don't live on a palace so i have not a big place for all thoses things: I live on a big city and my house don't have a basement

Three years ago i sold the Atari 2600 for 300 $
The same man give me another 300 $ for a Vectrex gaming system

Do you know that in the early 80s the games were sold on cassettes ????
I don't have a place to store the thousands of tittles that were published for the early systems (spectrum, commodore, amstrad, msx)
All thoses cassettes went to the trash bin long time ago.
Anyway, now i don't have a cassette player so i can't use all thoses relics.
But i still keep the spectrum and amstrad floppy discs.

I can told you about the first space combat simulator i played. I think that the game was "TIME GATE" by Quicksilva. Year 1982.
Some years later i played tittles like ELITE, CODENAME MAT, 3D STARSTRIKE, TAU CETI....

Consoles like the sega Master System or Nintendo 8 Bits system never had a space combat sim.

From the 16 Bits age i remeber "Starglider" for the Atari ST. The first time i played that game i was shocked. The game featured incredible graphics at that time (only some vector based ships without textures). Elite 2 for the commodore Amiga was a cool tittle too. And the Wing Commander early series.

Two months ago my father asked me if i would like to keep all the Commodore Amiga titles (there are still four commodore Amiga at my parents house). All of the Commodore Amiga games went to the trash bin. I almost cried the last time i watched the "DARKSEED" box (a very nice box designed by GIGER). But they went to the trash bin.

I have sold all thoses games that i can't play in my actual computer (the old MS-DOS games). I almost cried when i sold all thoses floppy discs games, but i think that i will not play thoses games anymore.

You talk about F-Zero and Smash Bros.... two Nintendo 64 games.... well, i think that tomorrow i will make a pic of my Nintendo 64 collection. I have ALL the Nintendo 64 games and four Nintendo 64 consoles.

For sure i know more about videogames than most people, but i don't call them ignorants.

About the replies that say "Respect must be earned"....
That phrase sounds like some kind of military doctrine.
A little bit authoritary.
I don't believe in leaders.

Thank you Death. Took the words right out of my mouth.

Hard to believe that at 39, he hasn't experienced enough real-life to believe in the necessity of leadership.

MartySheen said:
Someone elses arguments, facts and evidence means nothing when it comes down to personel taste. Like i said above, you either like something or you dont.

It was unpleasant LeHah. Loaf could have been polite and decent, (dare I say civilised?) towards heavy.

You should just get far far away from the internet right now if you think LOAF's tone was too harsh or "unpleasant." You have no idea what unpleasant is. I'm not being facetious, LOAF's post was just really tame.

heavy said:

Now you people really need to stop saying that. It's disingenuous at this point. How many people have to explain that you're being called a troll because you posted an unsubstantiated load of crap that served no purpose but to rile everyone up?

heavy said:
About the replies that say "Respect must be earned"....
That phrase sounds like some kind of military doctrine. A little bit authoritary.

What the matter with you? That's the opposite of authoritarian.

TankGunner said:
Hard to believe that at 39, he hasn't experienced enough real-life to believe in the necessity of leadership.

For sure i have experience more real-life than most people. But i'm not a brainless sheep.
I said before that i'm a musician. I travel everywhere. I have been at TV, at radio stations and many places than most people only imagine.
Have you ever been playing your songs at the late night TV show ????
Have you ever been interviewed at the radio stations ???
The people that needs a leader is like a sheep.
I'm not a sheep. I have a brain. And i use my brain.

Can you use your brain ????? Are you good at maths ???

The videogames industry started in 1980s. In 1980 my father was 32 years old. Do you think that a 32 years old man is too old to be a reviewer ???? Now... If my father was 32 in 1980.... 2006-1980 = 26 and 32+26 = 58 ....can you understand this basic math operation or do you need a leader to told what means thoses numbers ????

I'm from SPAIN. My father worked several years in HOBBYPRESS. Maybe you don't know that 90 % of the videogames magazines from Spain are published by HOBBYPRESS. But you can check in google how many videogames magazines are published by Hobbypress.

For sure i have experience more real-life than most people. But i'm not a brainless sheep.
I said before that i'm a musician. I travel everywhere. I have been at TV, at radio stations and many places than most people only imagine.
The people that needs a leader is like a sheep.

I'm not a brainless sheep, either. But I have two tours in a active combat zone. I have witnessed the need for leadership, and the consquences of the lack of it. I have provided the leadership that, under fire, saved the lives of nine men, by leading my squad to destroy the enemy that pinned them, because their leadership failed. Don't even think to compare any of my soldiers to sheep, either.

Those two things you mentioned are interesting, but hardly an experience in the real-world. All they are is small acomplishments. What kind of adversity did you overcome in getting there? That's what life is about, overcoming adversity, pushing through, and succeeding. You can't fully succeed without people helping you, and Someone has to lead, provide purpose, direction, and motivation.

The videogames industry started in 1980s. In 1980 my father was 32 years old. Do you think that a 32 years old man is too old to be a reviewer ???? Now... If my father was 32 in 1980.... 2006-1980 = 26 and 32+26 = 58 ....can you understand this basic math operation or do you need a leader to told what means thoses numbers ????

I wasn't talking about your father's age, I was talking about you. Regardless, even people like 15-year old QuailPilot have displayed more maturity than you have in this thread.

heavy said:

-snip-

can you understand this basic math operation or do you need a leader to told what means thoses numbers ????

Stop being a jerk slash troll.

heavy said:
For sure i have experience more real-life than most people.

Oh, thats rich. How do you quantify that, exactly?

heavy said:

My mom has worked at a radio station for over 25 years. I can't tell you the number of times I was snuck on the air when I was little or put in a sound booth to do a recording for a parody commercial.

I don't have to imagine anything about a radio station, thank you - given that I practically grew up in one.

heavy said:

Care to cite the show and the date it was played?

heavy said:

Yes, thank you.

heavy said:

But you don't use spell check?

heavy said:

bateson2mw.jpg

Haven't I seen this before?

heavy said:
The videogames industry started in 1980s.

The earliest game I remember seeing is that big, yellow arcade game in Jaws. I think it was one of those ugly Computer Space games from 1971 but it's been so long since I've seen the movie, I disremember exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back