I most strongly wish an orchestral version of WC1 and WC2 music

frui

Rear Admiral
Yes I am aware of the existence of George Oldziey’s orchestral recording of WC3 AND WC4, and I am certain it's one of the best things that has happened to the WC world in recent years. But in my heart the true spiritual legacy of WC music is that of WC1 and WC2: the silhouette of the conductor in the title scene, the prestigious sound Roland MT-32, the trumpet in the funeral of the dead "me"... Yes musically it might not be up to the height of WC3 and WC4, but emotionally it's ultimately stimulating.
So my question: Is it possible for George or others to do an orchestral recording of the earliest WC? Please, please, please!

Last edited:
While I too would absolutely love an orchestral arrangement of WC2's music, *BUT* it's not George Oldziey's music. I am not sure who actually owns the WC2 music IP... George "Fatman" Sanger, Dana Glover, EA, a combination of those ? Since George "Fatman" did release a re-digitalised tracks a few years ago I guess he does have some right of sorts on some tracks. @Bandit LOAF ?

There's a WC suite that's been making the rounds in Europe in various concert series but I have no idea what kind of licensing (if any) arangements they have. Unfortunately we don't have much in the way of any recordings of those performances.
It doesn't cover all the music in the game but it starts with the theme song, the scramble music, two variants of the space battle themes and finishes with the medal ceremony music.

https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/12699
https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/13675
https://www.wcnews.com/news/update/14085

Last edited:
I am very interested in the re-digitalised tracks of "Fatman". Any way to get them?

While I too would absolutely love an orchestral arrangement of WC2's music, *BUT* it's not George Oldziey's music. I am not sure who actually owns the WC2 music IP... George "Fatman" Sanger, Dana Glover, EA, a combination of those ? Since George "Fatman" did release a re-digitalised tracks a few years ago I guess he does have some right of sorts on some tracks. @Bandit LOAF ?

I'd also love to have an orchestra performance of the WC1 and 2 tracks, as well as Academy, Privateer and Armada. :)
Privateer and Armada would be immensely interesting indeed. Both are very unique in style, and Privateer is at times downright bizarre. It would sound magnificent. As for Academy... did it have any unique music? I don't recall at all.

The mission creator had a pretty cool remix of several different pieces from WC2, including the Kilrathi theme and the one from the funeral scene. Other than that it was just WC2 music.

Academy had its own intro/credits theme, which is also quite nice.
The simulator room theme is also an original composition, while the theme heard while using the simulator controls is the remix which @Dyret has described above.

With regards to rights, the Wing Commander I music is a bit of exception because The Fatman retains some rights... unfortunately, everything else belongs completely to EA.

Back