I Love Wing Commander and i always will..

I still renember it like yesterday when i got WC1 on my Amiga 1200, i played that game and dies so many times but i was determined to finishit it to see how it all ends..

Then the days of Amiga gerw dark and endless.. so i got my very first PC with WC3 which i have played and still have to this day..

Till last year i haddent ever sen wc4.. i was on work expierience i was whistleing trhe wc theme when i got board and the gut next to me just happend to be a wc fan :D and told me is is playing wc4 again.. so i diplomatically talked him into lending me it complated it in 2 nites...

and wcp i got it and i feel its lost it from wc4 the issues with tolwin going bad were a great idea (i miss the furballs)

i still have never seen or played wc2 i would download it if it wasent for the fact my pc is damn fast for it. well at leat i have wc1 again on the snes emulator..

I Have the movie on Video which is a bit crap (too far from the games story and they fecked up the chars) and ime downloading the cartoons now i have adsl and i think there amazing..

I would love to see one last game.. i would like to see it made so there is no story no campaign just a few senarios and a Complete edtor so you can make your own missions and campaigns with any ships in any star system system from any wc game with modern graphics.. and concentrate on multi-player.

I believe all guys here love wing commander.
I just start to collect wing commander series. Now I have PC/SNES/SNES-Japan/3DO WC1, PC WC2, PC/PSX/PS-Japan/3DO WC3, KS, PC/PSX WC4, PC WCP, PC WCA, PC WCPriv, PC WCPF, DVD WC... and I will keep collect until my die.:)

Originally posted by Darkmage
ah yes... but do you have SUPER WING COMMANDER for macintosh and 3do?

SWC is about as easy to get as... something really easy to get.

What was Super Wing Commander about? I have never seen it before...

oh ok... does any one know how many missions are in WC Prophecy? I'm curious cause i'm getting th game soon off eBay and I was just curious to know how long it takes to finish

Originally posted by Millzy
I was just curious to know how long it takes to finish
Do not concern yourself with trivialities - concern yourself only with the fact that you have another WC game to play :D

Originally posted by Penguin

Do not concern yourself with trivialities - concern yourself only with the fact that you have another WC game to play :D

Good point. I can't wait to play it. i have played it once but i never got very far. i liked the idea of a new race to fight and that you are a new pilot. the tie in with you being Iceman's son was nice. that's about all i remember from the game. i remember the opening being pretty cool

ok, can you tell what happend with the unfinished code of
the WC network verision that was being developed just before C.Robberts left origin and they brought out prophecy?

Prophecy was developed after Chris Roberts left the company. I don't know what happened to any multiplayer code that was written, but they won't ever release it. (You didn't ask, but I assume that's where you were heading with that question. It would have come up eventually anyway)

Lots of little bits of multiplayer are in the game as it shipped, like the powerup icon dealies and what looks like some legacy stuff from coop play, a non-implemented gun and some random other things, but they were, apparantly, nowhere near a release version of the multiplayer...

Originally posted by Geffory Tolwin
I still have never seen nor played WC2. I would download it if it wasn't for the fact my PC is [too] fast for it.
But WC2 plays at the right speed, only the cutscenes are a bit fast. And it's a good thing you didn't download it, because piracy is bad (I'm quite sure WC2 isn't available for legal download).

Well, at least I have WC1 again on the SNES emulator...
I don't think the SNES version is quite as good as the PC original. Plus you can't play the Secret Missions, unless you have that separately.

I would love to see one last game.
Only one? I'd like to see several more. :)

I would like to see it made so there is no story, no campaign, just a few scenarios and a complete editor...
You could always try Academy. ;) Besides a WC without any story isn't quite WC, IMHO.

What was Super Wing Commander about? I have never seen it before...
Oh, but you have! In other WC games. ;) Look here to see what I mean.

Super WC was WC1 revamped with speech and improved graphics...
I'm not sure if it was an 'improvement' in graphics, just different sprites, I thought.

The tie-in with [the player] being Iceman's son was nice.
Pity he doesn't act much like his father. Admittedly, Casey never saw his father, but still...

Last edited by a moderator:
Super Wing Commander was a WC1 remake. featuring new art and some new missions. it's mnacintosh native but can run on a pc in the basilisk II mac emulator.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

SWC is about as easy to get as... something really easy to get.
Maybe in the US... but not in Germany :(

And it's even harder to get a 3DO console in Germany... most auctions on either Item only allow bids from people living in North America :(

edit: I've to admit that I don't know where Darkmage comes from, but in any case, I wanted to point out (not only for LOAF but for everyone around here) that just because something is easy to get in North America, that does not mean it's easy to get everywhere.

A quick eBay.de search reveals that there's at least one SWC up for auction in Germany right now...

Back