I Love WC IV

I didn't apprecieate it as much as WC3/2/1 in many respects due to the lack of furballs (After kicking around kitties for so many years you just kinda get addicted, I need to I.V. catnip into my blood stream just to stop shaking), but other than that I thought 4 was very interesting and highly enjoyable, and it had my favorite version of my favorite gun from all WC games, the Stormfire MK1 :)
You could take out entire fleets from the comfort of your very own Avenger :)

I must state for the record that in my opinion WCIV was the best of all the WCs followed in a close second by WC2

BTW, how many endings does it have??? I've seen three: Blair becomes a Senator, a pilot instructor and an Admiral or something that I don't recall right now...

I liked WC IV because of all of the choices that you were given that could effect the game. I used to piss people off just to see how that would effect later cutscenes. WC II is a definite close second.

Originally posted by Scorpio
BTW, how many endings does it have??? I've seen three: Blair becomes a Senator, a pilot instructor and an Admiral or something that I don't recall right now...

how do i get the senator ending?

Originally posted by $tormin
Originally posted by Scorpio

how do i get the senator ending?

Geee...now u got me...I did it a looooong time ago...but I'll try again and tell ya...

WcIV is definatly my fav wing commander when it works on my computer, for now my fav is privateer. As for the senator ending, that was the one on the seventh disc right ;) .

Yea, I played it countless times, making different choices and I always ALWAYS only got the admiral ending. I thought it was a little too dark for Blair :(

I don't believe there is a Senator Blair ending. Just the Flight Instructor and Admiral winning endings, and the discharged/executed losing endings. Four in total.

And all the Wing Commanders are good in their own way.

WC4 is awesome. Those cutscenes, showing battling capships are just great. I never understood the complaints about "Too much scenes, too less flying." I mean the cutscenes don't prevent you from flying a lot. But nothing beats WC1 and 2. ;)

I think WCIV balanced out the scenes and flight parts just fine. I plan to go thru the game again this weekend!

RFB

There's no Senator Blair ending...the script only outlines the General Blair (he IS a general, not an admiral) and the Flight Instructor ending. There's also the "Admiral Tolwyn" ending, with Tolwyn finishing his speech about the Border Worlds and leading the Vesuvius in an attack...this makes up the Good, Good/Bad and Bad endings.

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
I never understood the complaints about "Too much scenes, too less flying." I mean the cutscenes don't prevent you from flying a lot.
Eh eh... I appreciate WC IV more for the movies' quality rather than the gameplay...
It was like an "interactive movie" with heroes we all cherish... who could be disappointed? :)

Back