I know that this idea has been put up 10 billion times before....

New

Spaceman
But because SOME IDIOT came up with the PEACHY idea of not letting people use PM's till post 150 or so, bullshit like this cannot be privately contained between an expert and a moron. So, blame the utter repetance and stupidity of this idea on the fool who came up with the rule.

Now, Privateer is a damn good game; no doubt about that.

However, making it a MMORPG has been a want by people, and each time it's been shot out of the sky.

Now, the idea is, why not make it a bit more like Raganork Online, and a few other Multi-player RPGs? Diffrent servers for people to chose from, with each world the same. Make it normally single player, and one can import character's from their old single player games into the servers (Ala Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale).

Update the graphics (Maybe.). Add a few weapons, add cloak, update armor, sheild and weapon strength.

Update Confed, Border Worlds, and Kilrathi fighters. Make the Kilrathi less billigerent. Make it more realistic that if you were attacked by Confed and Pirates, they would most likely take each other out.

Maybe once-a-run cloaking? Take out the Dragon's, though-Too powerful.

Add a few ships, keep a few ships, make ajustments.

You could have a pretty decent game.

Add a sub-plot, if you wish.

Limit the server size to about 200 players; The Gemeni system IS huge.

Not that hard.

New said:
But because SOME IDIOT came up with the PEACHY idea of not letting people use PM's till post 150 or so, bullshit like this cannot be privately contained between an expert and a moron. So, blame the utter repetance and stupidity of this idea on the fool who came up with the rule.
Yeah, being a huge cock is really the best way to get what you want around here. Keep it up, you're going places for sure.
However, making it a MMORPG has been a want by people, and each time it's been shot out of the sky.
I doubt that's been anyone's want except yours. Wing Commander is a space combat sim. Ultima would be the RPG.
Now, the idea is, why not make it a bit more like Raganork Online, and a few other Multi-player RPGs? Diffrent servers for people to chose from, with each world the same.
Ragnarok Online and a few other RPGs? Try every MMO game ever.
Make it normally single player, and one can import character's from their old single player games into the servers (Ala Baldur's Gate & Icewind Dale)
The client side is deep, deep within enemy territory. Anything you place there, especially stuff as terrifically valuable as character data, is doomed. If you like crazy amounts of cheating though, great idea.
Update the graphics (Maybe.). Add a few weapons, add cloak, update armor, sheild and weapon strength.
Wait, now this is sounding like a mod to Privateer itself. You can't be serious.
Update Confed, Border Worlds, and Kilrathi fighters.
Dude, the Union of Border Worlds doesn't exist in Gemini. Vega and Epsilon only. What is with this compulsion everyone seems to have about including the UBW in every goddamn thing they do?
Make the Kilrathi less billigerent.
CAN'T BREATHE... MIND... TOO BOGGLED...
Make it more realistic that if you were attacked by Confed and Pirates, they would most likely take each other out.
Buh? So if I'm an innocent trader and for some reason get attacked out of the blue by both a Confed strike force and a bunch of pirates, It's all cool, because they'll miraculously eradicate each other? HOW REALISTIC.
Maybe once-a-run cloaking?
Most Pointlessly Arbitrary Attempt at Game Balance Ever. That's not how WC cloak tech works. It just runs until you turn it off.
Add a sub-plot, if you wish.
The surreality of that statement can't be expressed in English. "Oh hey, let's reach into our bin of subplots and add a few!"
Limit the server size to about 200 players; The Gemeni system IS huge.
More arbitrary limitations based on zero information. Why not 16 players? Why not 50000? Who will provide the servers for this? What will the specs be? What are the requirements for the game, will the server need to maintain a persistent game world? What in God's name does limiting the player cound to a pitiful 200 have to do with the Gemini sector being huge?
Not that hard.
Where the hell are you? What universe did you come from? What you're proposing is either writing a whole massively-multiplayer game from scratch solely to turn Privateer into an RPG that 200 people can simultaneously cheat in, while also mangling the continuity, by adding a UBW presense to Gemini, and changing ship stats and the behavior of standard tech, or modifying Privateer to be that, which is probably much more difficult and equally pointless.
  1. Step one: Remove head from ass.
  2. Step two: Apply tazer to nuts.
  3. Step three: Fire tazer.

Don't insult people. It's not indicative of the grown up person You obviously want to appear as with Your project. It makes me not even read the rest because I already made my conclusion about what kind of person You are.

Frosty said:
Dude, the Union of Border Worlds doesn't exist in Gemini. Vega and Epsilon only. What is with this compulsion everyone seems to have about including the UBW in every goddamn thing they do?

Dude, UBW is the coolest group of people in the history of reality and fiction EVAR. DO NOT DISS THEM BECAUSE THEY CAN TAKE OVER LIKE ANYTHING THEY WANT MAN I BET THEY COULD HAVE FLOWN A VETURE TO KILRAH AND NUKED THE PLANET LIKE MACGUYVER.

1. Step one: Remove head from ass.
  2. Step two: Apply tazer to nuts.
  3. Step three: Fire tazer.

This guide is a little short. Allow me to give you a more detailed one that should assist not only with this little fan project idea, but also with any complex neurological issues you may or may not be suffering from. This was originally meant for dealing with a loved one, but if you have a friend willing to help (and knowing you, I'm sure any friends you happen to have would be quite eager to assist), it should be no problem.

What you need:

1- Automobile
2- Jumper cables (the kind with the really nasty alligator clamps)
3- The subject's testicles, still attached. If the subject is female, replace the word "testicle" with "nipple" in all instances.
4- (Optional) A friend to help rev the engine

Many people disbelieve the power of electricity when applited to the testicles, but in truth it can work wonders. Here's what you do.

First, restrain your subject. Chances are good that he's going to want to get away, but like any intervention you'll want to prevent this. Make sure he is aware that this is being done out of concern for his well being. You'll also want to restrain him without pants and in a position where the testicles can be readily accessed.

Second, apply the alligator clamps. Attach the positive clamp to the positive terminal on the car's battery. Attach the other positive clamp to the LEFT testicle (scholars argue over which testicle is more effective given the polarity, but in my experience the left is positive). Apply the negative clamp at the car's end to the battery's negative terminal. Apply the remaining megative clamp to either the right testicle or the right nipple, depending on the model of your victim. I mean, subject. Ignore any screams of protest at this stage. Remember, it's for his own good.

Now start the car. If you have the friend avaliable, let him rev the engine gently to increase the power flow. I generally recommend that while that is happening, you stand over the subject and laugh maniacally, but this is purely for aesthetics. Usually around five minutes of this treatment will resolve the issue.

And be sure to enjoy the process. Remember, you're helping a friend, and you should feel good about yourself.

Hmmm. That treatment sounds very effective. Have you thought about using razor wire for the restraints?

t.c.cgi said:
Hmmm. That treatment sounds very effective. Have you thought about using razor wire for the restraints?

I haven't tried that, but would recommend against it. You see, part of the treatment is the focus of the attention by the subject on the current passing through his sack. Bleeding in other parts of his body provide too much distraction. Plus, that runs the risk of killing the patient. With my method, the worst potential result is extra crispy testes (the Leiutenant's Original Recipie, justl like mother used to make).

New said:

That's bordering on intolerable behavior there. You might want to read up on the forum rules and go through the proper channels if you have an issue with Crius.net.

*falls down laughing*

Ooookay... that's something I'd have expected off AGWC, but not here...

Man, but that was refreshing. It's been so long since I've been so entertained with the sheer..

Excuse me.

:D

TyeDyeBoy said:
1- Automobile
2- Jumper cables (the kind with the really nasty alligator clamps)
3- The subject's testicles, still attached. If the subject is female, replace the word "testicle" with "nipple" in all instances.
4- (Optional) A friend to help rev the engine

Dude,

Now somebody is going to show up saying

"I'm a sensible-lovable US citizen and I am offended."

or

"Isn't physical threat to somebody else forbidden by law? I want my lawyer!"

Better be prepared...

There...

...is a more reasonable issue I would like to take up with the chat-zone and the CIC. How come Tech-Support issues and threads aren't posted on the heading of the CIC? I think it would help out those with trouble a great deal since there are probably a lot of guys who are having trouble with their WC games that they easily solved, while others are struggling with it...

Looks like you guys scared New out of his own thread. Congrats.

Although you managed to be rather less frothing-loon about it than New, xflvandamme, you still fall afoul of the same basic issue that Crid mentioned, namely using more direct means of communicating with the CIC staff about forum issues instead of posting on the boards. chatzone@wcnews.com or IRC are good starting points.

Well...

..thanks Death for at least notifying me of WHY I was afoul in this circumstance, I'll admit that when I was posting my thought, I didn't finish reading all of the posts...

Back