I Just Downloaded Wing Commander IV

The two endings actually depend on whose morale is highest at the end, Hawk (Admiral) or Panther (flight instructor). The three major choices are:

- Flashpak Ella or Not
- Get Weapons or Save Civilians
- "We Die Trying" or "There's Always Hope"

There's also a few other conversations that can turn each of them in one direction or another (ie, whether or not you discipline Maniac when Hawk or Panther ask you to).

From a moral standpoint, when I was a kid and being a hero was a simpler ideal, I always picked "Save civilians." Because it seemed like the right idea...

But now that I'm older, have actually been in the military, and have more of a big-picture concept it really is, "not as clear as all that."

I mean the cause of the Border Worlds (and by proxy the civilians of Circi) is hopeless if Militia doesn't get better equipment (in retrospec we know that the Intrepid only succeeds because they happen to bump into a transport full of Dragons), also the best way to resolve the situation on Circi is most likely to resolve the crisis as a whole, therefore it could easily be argued that it's a wiser decsion to focus resources on Spearadon in hope of giving the entire Border Worlds cause a better fighting chance.

On the other hand, deliberately murdering thousands civilians is clearly a war crime.

my first pc was 086 16mhz and 20 meg hard drive! first wingcommander game came in a bundle with a 386 and it had a turbo button. amazing!

I remember spending vacation's night flying around Gemini.
And how amazed i was when found that the Gemini Map that you can see at the map store indeed looks like the constellation of Gemini

Another thing... did anyone else ever notice Casper Van Dien of "Starship Troopers" fame greating Blair during his arrival to the Lexington? I totally never noticed that before...

Yeah, I've been playing Wing Commander IV again this week and noticed that too!

Actually, it's kind of been known for a while. :) On the IMDb listing for WC4, he's credited as "Confed redshirt #3" (not quite as fatally so, but used with the same general purpose as Ensign Expendable in Star Trek)

Actually, it's kind of been known for a while. :) On the IMDb listing for WC4, he's credited as "Confed redshirt #3" (not quite as fatally so, but used with the same general purpose as Ensign Expendable in Star Trek)

It's in the credits in the manual

It's cool that we can make a thread with that title and not have to lock it...
DL'ing WC4 through legit channels is really cool.

Another thing... did anyone else ever notice Casper Van Dien of "Starship Troopers" fame greating Blair during his arrival to the Lexington? I totally never noticed that before...

One of the better things about wc4 compared to 3 is the casting, john spencer (west wing) as paulsen

richard riehle (office space) as pliers

marc decascos (brotherhood of the wolf) as catscratch

chris mulkey (twin peaks) as hawk

joining what already was a top cast. Oh and look out for chris mulkey in the upcoming d-war and francious chou in werner herzogs rescue dawn!

Back