I have experienced Culinary Napalm

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
There's a place in Utah called Wing Nutz. Everything they serve is either baked buffalo style chicken wings or ribs, or derivations of that like wraps and salads. They have eighteen sauces for the wings and ribs and I've gone through them all. But every single one of those sauces also has a Purgatory.
Now about three months or so ago I tried one of the hottest sauces, the Southern Lemon Hotties, in the purgatory version. At the time that was the hottest thing I have ever tasted, but I managed to finish them off. On Monday,Dec 13th, I tried out the Teriyaki sauce in Purgatory and it was like ten times worse and the Teriyaki is one of the milder sauces.
So what is the hottest thing you have ever eaten?
Oh and by the way, if you're ever in Utah -and I can't think of why you would be ;)- track down a Wing Nutz because everything there is awesome, even if you don't want to abuse yourself with Purgatory sauces.

I once signed a waiver to eat one of the hottest salsas in the world. I quite enjoyed it, but I can't remember the place's name at the moment. Anyway if I'm in Utah I'll look for one of those places, sounds like good stuff.

mmm, I love spicy. Especially since I can handle it.

I do hope they're hot, and not like "hot" as I've seen some lame definition of it where it's barely above bland. (Some restaurants clientele find bland too spicy... so their "super extra hot" has maybe a drop of spice in the entire batch. Yecch.).

Buffalo Wild Wings, Denver, habanero sauce and up.

I stopped using habaneros in home cooking after I found out the hard way that five minutes of hand washing isn't enough to make it safe to take contacts out. :(

Well, there are different sorts of "hot" taste. One is the tabasco-pepper-like taste which burns on the tongue, the other one is the horseradish-like taste which burns shorter but in your whole nose and throat. I prefer the latter one.

I like my food spicy, but not too hot, so I'm probably not that good in judging hot food.

Anyway, I tasted two brutally hot things:
One was a harmless looking green wasabi paste, the original from Japan (unfortunately you don't get that much here in Europe, I don't know if you can get it in the US). It was very hard to breathe after I ate that. My eyes went wet in seconds and I coughed for at least 30 seconds when I took the first bite of my food with the wasabi on it...
The other one was a really good tasting hot-barbeque-chili sauce in a local restaurant. I was barely able to finish my hamburger, and couldn't taste anything but fiery death for the next half hour afterwards, it was just too hot for me I guess.

I like spicy food as well,

Usually, me and a few friends would go for a curry on a Sunday night, one of my friends is a major spice fiend and always has the hottest on the menu and then some, so in a fit of macho we all ordered "phal" (sp?), well, to put it bluntly, it is how I imagine it would feel if you consumed hot lead, burns your mouth, throat and stomach and then just sits there bubbling away inside like a small fire, never again.

We did see something interesting on TV once about the spiciest burger in the world over in the USA, where if you could eat it without resorting to the recovery kit you got your name on a plaque, and we did say we were going to head over and try pour luck, but nothing ever came of it and now I can't even remember where the resturant was.

I haven't had phal yet, mainly because I don't know anywhere local that has it, and I've never been a big fan of Indian food. I'm tempted, though, because I'm a little crazy and tend to get in over my head, but I don't really like hot for the sake of hot either.
Tabasco really isn't that interesting, in my opinion, but that's what I love about Wing Nutz. The Lemon Hotties, in particular, are one of my favorites. It's one of the hottest sauces on the menu but they also use a lemon pepper seasoning that's really tangy so it accents the spicy heat really well.

This all sounds awful, but I'd love to take a picture with the CIC staff under a giant WING NUTZ sign someday.

This all sounds awful, but I'd love to take a picture with the CIC staff under a giant WING NUTZ sign someday.

I think they're in Florida but there's also a chain of cook vans that sells wings in called "wing commander".

Well you don't have to have spicy stuff there. The Garlic Onion, Parmesan Curry, and Carolina Mustard are really mild but really tasty. The Teriyaki, in its normal state, is really tame too but I usually don't like the sweet stuff too often. Unless its on ribs, which they have, but even then sweet can still be a little overwhelming.

Buffalo Wild Wings, Denver, habanero sauce and up.

I stopped using habaneros in home cooking after I found out the hard way that five minutes of hand washing isn't enough to make it safe to take contacts out. :(

Capsaicin (the stuff that makes a habanero, and all other peppers hot) is NOT water-soluble. However, you can neutralize the capsaicin with high-fat dairy products. So you can actually rinse your hands with milk to neutralize it :)

Back