I hate Amazon!

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Okay, that may be a little harsh but I was so disappointed. I went and found all the Wing Commander books on Amazon, could have bought like 9 of them for $19.80. Needless to say, I was rather pumped since I hadn't read any of the Wing Commander books, then I went to check out. They wanted to charge me $31.80 in shipping....I was like NO FREAKING WAY! So instead I bought the deluxe edition of Elvis' 1968 television special along with a copy of his 1973 concert and the shipping cost was $3.95 but then it was free because it qualifed for their super savings...why the heck can't they be consisten on shipping...I'm not paying $30 for shipping and handling for $20 worth of books. (Okay, okay, maybe I will eventually but not today). Sorry, just wanted to gripe a little bit guys.

The WC books available at Amazon are from independent sellers ("zshops") - so you have to pay shipping for each one individually (since it comes from a different place). If you can find all of them from the same seller you'll save a lot of money.

$50 for 9 WC books is still pretty good, though.

You can try half.com.. but shipping is around $2 per book.. So you might get away for under $40.. but $50 isn't bad. Alternately people sometimes sell book lots on ebay.

On half.com you can also try to buy multiple books from the same seller since they normally reduce the shipping cost. WC books are pretty easy to find if you go to used bookstores as well. I found a complete set of the game books at one that charges half the cover price.

Maj.Striker said:
Okay, that may be a little harsh but I was so disappointed. I went and found all the Wing Commander books on Amazon, could have bought like 9 of them for $19.80. Needless to say, I was rather pumped since I hadn't read any of the Wing Commander books, then I went to check out. They wanted to charge me $31.80 in shipping....I was like NO FREAKING WAY!

I ran into the same thing a few months ago. I found all of the books offered on Amazon through 3rd party sellers and had to pay as much (usually more) per book for shipping. One seller never even sent me the book I paid for so I had to buy that one twice. I wound up spending about $75.00. Yeah, that sucks, but now I have them all, they are paid for, and I can read them at my leisure.

Back