I feel like an idiot...

What an idiot. WC1 and WC4 were *just* rereleased and WC1/SM1 were re-ported last fall. Great things like this wouldn't happen if we supported cheapasses slinging around games illegally. That would in turn hurt the prospects for new WC games in the future.

you forgot to mention, funds terrorism, drug trafficing, breaks up families and is generally everything that is wrong with society, also that gametap doesn't offer a service outside the us (newsflash there are a great many non us wing commander 4 fans) and to play wc1 i'd also have to buy a psp, over £100 to play one game is touch pricey

you forgot to mention, funds terrorism, drug trafficing, breaks up families and is generally everything that is wrong with society, also that gametap doesn't offer a service outside the us (newsflash there are a great many non us wing commander 4 fans) and to play wc1 i'd also have to buy a psp, over £100 to play one game is touch pricey

So why not grab a legit copy from a legit source? like say eBay or the like? Piracy is never the only option nor should it ever be an option at all for WC games, or any other title you enjoy.

gametap doesn't offer a service outside the us

Yes, it does. They expanded to Canada almost a year ago and plan to formally branch into Europe and elsewhere. Europeans have also always been able to use friend accounts as well.

and to play wc1 i'd also have to buy a psp, over £100 to play one game is touch pricey

We all did, but you don't have to. An original DOS WC1 costs a tiny fraction of that.

What an idiot. WC1 and WC4 were *just* rereleased and WC1/SM1 were re-ported last fall. Great things like this wouldn't happen if we supported cheapasses slinging around games illegally. That would in turn hurt the prospects for new WC games in the future.

Chris, I agree with you... but how long has it been since WC2 was re-released? In more then one person's opinion, it was the best of the series... and I've never been able to play it with sound, not even on Dosbox, and its killing me.

For less money than it cost to buy Wing Commander III when it came out you can buy an entire Pentium computer to play it on today.

Chris, I agree with you... but how long has it been since WC2 was re-released? In more then one person's opinion, it was the best of the series... and I've never been able to play it with sound, not even on Dosbox, and its killing me.

It's only been months and weeks since WC1 and WC4 were rereleased. Anything can happen. Although if you have a problem with sound in DOSBox, there may be an issue with your computer that prevents some other rerelease from working. If you already have the game, then you might want to just work on getting it going.

Back