I brought a brand new KS today

Originally posted by Talyn 83
Chuh. Right. Imagine how many people will get ripped of during the first months. Especially older ones. Didn't you guys have starter kits in The Netherlands? We did.
We did to, with a value of 3.88 (all coins), I suspect you had the same kits.
And not only old people get ripped off (they just don't know it :eek: ) so do we. At University the price of a Coke went from fl.1,75 to €0.83 (which is ~fl.1.83, so a whole 8 cent increase). Coffee gets a similar increase.
Originally posted by KrisV
It's more like 2.2. Which is a lot more difficult than by 40.3399, because 2 or 2.2 makes a substantial difference
Not as difficult as it sounds. Multiplying by 2.2 is the same as multiplying by 2 and adding 10%, which a first grader can do.
Besides, in three weeks nobody is going to convert anything anymore.
Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
plus the French Franc notes look very similar to the Euro notes in my opinion.
It may be a tad chauvinistic(sp?) but I always thought Dutch paper money was one of the 'nicest' in the world. I never liked Francs, and whoever got the idea to give all the Dollar bills the same size and colour must've been drunk.
But, I agree the Euro bills will probably grow on me...

Oh, and happy newyear everybody...

Never saw Dutch money, can't say.

Dollar bills having same size and colour as Francs? Surely you mean the Euro bills...

Originally posted by Mekt-Hakkikt
Never saw Dutch money, can't say.

Dollar bills having same size and colour as Francs? Surely you mean the Euro bills...
Not that's not what I meant, I was criticizing the French Francs and Dollar bills seperately.
What I meant was that all Dollars bills are green and have the same size, which means you have to take them out of your wallet before you can see if it's a 1 or 100 dollar bill. I found that very annoying when I was in the US.

Originally posted by dacis2
Euro

New currency to be used in the European Union. Except in Brit.. Sorry GREAT Britan whose people don't want to use the Euro...
any Brits out there who can tell me why?

Its not only us Brits that havent got it, it Sweden and Denmark aswell.
The reason for this is that our own currency is valued higher than the rest of the member states and therefore by entering the single currency we would , as a nation, lose an awful amount of money.

Hope that answers your question.

Back