I brought a brand new KS today

I picked mine out of a pile of games one of my ex-neighbours through out before he moved. it made quite a pile. I got KS, Armada, The Sims, Star Trek Starfleet Command...

Doesn't mean we have to believe your story.

Sounds more like you're trying to assert your coolness on other people but instead sound like a child wanting attention.

Damn, anyone who read this before I edited: wrong thread:eek:

I haven't got KS, and from what I hear, I'm not missin' out on much, however. I may be able to get a copy from abuddy of mine for 150€. Is it worth it?

Euro

New currency to be used in the European Union. Except in Brit.. Sorry GREAT Britan whose people don't want to use the Euro...
any Brits out there who can tell me why?

Originally posted by LeHah
Doesn't mean we have to believe your story.

Sounds more like you're trying to assert your coolness on other people but instead sound like a child wanting attention.

Why dont you believe me?:(
Really, you should have been there, it was at the ground floor of my apartment building.

Originally posted by Bob McDob
It might be if I had any clue what the funky € thing meant :p

€ is indeed the Euro, it's almost equivalent to the Dollar. All the paper money looks like monopoly-money. It's sooooooo cool. NOT!

euro

I must agree. The paper Euro money looks cheap. I liked the money we had here in The Netherlands, it was very very nice. But not anymore :(

Wow, you must be a thief if you've actually seen real Euro paper money... :D
But I agree, the old Dutch money looked way better judging by the pictures of Euro bills I've seen.
The coins are good though, I like the 10FF replica €1 coin, and also the 'God zij met ons' inscription in the €2 coin (I suppose only Dutch Euro's have that though). I hate the Beatrix head on the €.50 and less coins, it's too small in relation to the size of the coin.
"De euro wordt van ons allemaal" :eek:

Originally posted by Unforgiven

"De euro wordt van ons allemaal" :eek:

Chuh. Right. Imagine how many people will get ripped of during the first months. Especially older ones. Didn't you guys have starter kits in The Netherlands? We did.

Besides, ,for you, it's easy. You've got to multiply by approximately 2, right? We've got to multiply by 40.

It's more like 2.2. Which is a lot more difficult than by 40.3399, because 2 or 2.2 makes a substantial difference.

Hmm... sure is weird to be discussing this here. Just deal with it, it'll be like going on a very long vacation.

Re: euro

Originally posted by Technician
I must agree. The paper Euro money looks cheap. (...)

I think that's only because it's so new. You'll get used to it once it's a bit ragged, plus the French Franc notes look very similar to the Euro notes in my opinion.

The coins are nicely heavy, though I really dislike the German eagle on the larger € coins. Damn, we have so many eagles to choose from and they take that fat chicken... (But it isn't as bad as I thought)

Back