I am I missing something in m7?

rlbumich

Spaceman
Hi all

Just trying to figure out why I am getting "mission failed". Me and my wing man complete each 3 nav points(flying those "rock" ships) dust the enemy in each nav and scan that crazy looking Nep ship. Then once I complete the scan, it is tosted. Then I auto p to Dauntless nav and get "mission failed" and see the D and B under attack.

Whats up?:confused:

You must also find the hidden Kilrathi supply ammo depot on the asteroid belt... No, wait, that's on a different game... :)

It sounds like you didn't... the Mantas can be tricky, since they run away as soon as they spot you. For optimal results, make sure not to get spotted until you're on a Manta's tail. Take it out with a missile and some gunfire, and then fire off two or three HS missiles after the second Manta.

What determines when the Mantas spot you and start to flee? I always get the "I think they're trying to get away" message right away.

BTW: you probably DO need to use a pair of HS missiles to take out the second Manta, since they are faster than your ship and your Mass Driver guns have short range--the second one will probably be out of range of them by the time you have killed the first one, and the Ion guns aren't enough to kill the second Manta before it has either passed beyond Ion gun range or has jumped out.

A bunch of factors. For example, it's important to ensure that your wingman doesn't say anything.

Originally posted by Quarto
A bunch of factors. For example, it's important to ensure that your wingman doesn't say anything.
Yeah, I've put a lot of care into this mission to put as many factors of "detection" as I could, so your chances of getting "detected" decrease if you take care enough to actually try to stay "stealth". Quarto just spoiled one of the factors :)

Back