I’ve never played a “Zelda” game in my entire life!

If it were anyone else they would have just cancelled the GameCube version outright.

Yes I'm surprised they didn't do this. I'm glad they didn't however as I know a few people who bought their Gamecube for this kind of Zelda game and would be sorely dissapointed.

People who bought a gamecube to play Twilight Princess should be thankful.
Because now they can play Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, F-Zero GX, Mario Kart Double Dash, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, Baten Kaitos, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Eternal Darkness, Pikmin, REmake, RE0, RE4...

It's a great system. And if you manage to track the damn bonus disk, you can also play Zeldas 1, 2, Ocarina and Majora's.

I enjoy the GameCube, it's purple and has some Pokemon in it.

I have the Zelda bonus disk and have still never played a Zelda. It came with a subscription to Nintendo power some years ago. I think I even have it here in Texas, because I promised myself I'd try it while I was away at school... but time and X-Boxes got in the way.

You know, someone at the office yesterday said they had never played a Zelda game... everyone in his area went silent and stared at him for a good ten seconds until a few additional people walked over to say "WHAT?"

Aside from mixed feelings about Wind Waker (more from a designer's perspective than techincal or artistic reasons), I've enjoyed just about all the Zelda games (except for the CDi games, which I only know by reputation). The Capcom Zeldas for Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance are quite fun. I like OoT and Majora's Mask about equally; it just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Unfortunately, the Zelda bonus disk isn't so hot; OoT and Majora's Mask take big frame rate hits when played on the Gamecube, and I've had them freeze on occasion, which is kind of a big deal for MM since you can't save whenever you want. A few visual effects don't work right and there's some sound glitches too. I've never had a problem with Zelda I or II on the GC though; just played through Zelda I on it last night, actually.

I have the Zelda bonus disk and have still never played a Zelda. It came with a subscription to Nintendo power some years ago.

I had to pay $50 for that damned thing. Good luck finding it used!

You know, someone at the office yesterday said they had never played a Zelda game... everyone in his area went silent and stared at him for a good ten seconds until a few additional people walked over to say "WHAT?"

Aside from mixed feelings about Wind Waker (more from a designer's perspective than techincal or artistic reasons), I've enjoyed just about all the Zelda games (except for the CDi games, which I only know by reputation). The Capcom Zeldas for Game Boy Color and Game Boy Advance are quite fun. I like OoT and Majora's Mask about equally; it just depends on what kind of mood I'm in.

Unfortunately, the Zelda bonus disk isn't so hot; OoT and Majora's Mask take big frame rate hits when played on the Gamecube, and I've had them freeze on occasion, which is kind of a big deal for MM since you can't save whenever you want. A few visual effects don't work right and there's some sound glitches too. I've never had a problem with Zelda I or II on the GC though; just played through Zelda I on it last night, actually.

I've seen pics and videos of the CD-I zeldas.
they're uglier and crappier than anything you could possibly imagine. They make me wanna cry. They make the Star Wars Holiday Special script read like James Joyce.

And I'm not saying it because it's cool to say it. They're really, really that bad and ugly.

BTW, I have the other bonus disk, the one with just OOT and the master quest... I have played OOT on it until the water temple and had absolutely no trouble with it. whatsoever.

Concerning the capcom ones: I have minish cap, and it's really great. looks wonderful, plays very well, a jewel of a game. And it's really cute too.

Well it's all beyond my meager computer knowledge, but basically I've got a buddy who makes about 100k doing computer crap on computers and likes to fiddle with computers in his spare time. Last Christmas, he gave me a second hand Dell machine, and on this machine, in alphabetical order, is literally every game ever made both domestically and in foreign lands for Atari 2600, original NES, Super Nintendo, Sega Master System, Segs Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, and Dreamcast. But that's nothin' - the damn thing has EVERY stinkin' arcade game ever released that you've ever played in your youth up through the mid 90's and literally a thousand or two you've never heard of. Say for instance you want to play, say, Final Fight. I've got the U.S. version, the European version and the Japanese version. Say for instance you want to play the original arcade Smash TV - well I've got it but I don't have a two-joystick setup so you're out of luck. Even with literally thousands of games to choose from, (and several Zelda's) I somehow seem to just end up playing either the arcade Contra, Time Killers, or Star Control on Genesis.

Illegal? definitely. Immoral? probably. But it's the most badass game system I've ever seen! Well, actually, not quite. He built himself a full size stand-up arcade console for his garage with everything I mentioned plus some of the newer console systems like Playstation1. I'm talkin' industrial stength joysticks and buttons and everything, so on the outside it looks like a machine you would find in a video arcade. On the inside it's just a home pc.

Ok, probably every game you can come up with and then some. Including some really weird stuff made for the Japanese market like one where I'm guessing you have to come up with the proper ingredients for dishes in a crazy chef's cooking competition. I won't even go into the deviant sexual ones.

Info On Playing Zelda

For All Who Have Been Deprived By Life By Never owning a Nintendo® system or a zelda game There Also Emulators and roms to play on your computer.Just look them up on yahoo.

For All Who Have Been Deprived By Life By Never owning a Nintendo® system or a zelda game There Also Emulators and roms to play on your computer.Just look them up on yahoo.

That isn't the point. Illegal warez is fairly stricktly frowned upon in these parts.

I'm still waiting for Nintendo to release Zelda II on the Virtual Console so I can see just how bad it is. It's kind of like why I want to see Battlefield Earth. Everyone talks so much trash about it I just have to see what the fuss is about.

While Z2 isn't exactly "hot shit", it's not a complete clunker, either, IMO. However, it does drastically depart from the gameplay of the first one, and not necessarily for the better in some places.

(I can't cite specifics, it's been years since I last played Z2. I'm just going by my remembered feelings on the subject from back then.)

As for the emulator/ROM thing mentioned above, while the forum rules specifically prohibit it, pointing out that a major search engine can find them is kinda borderline, IMO. Now if he had linked to something like UD for ROMs it'd be another thing.

That said, AD is right, we don't discuss those things here. Please keep that in mind for the future, folks.

AND Twilight Princess is a really awesome game. Everyone, go get it.
The gamecube version is great, too.

Its absolutley superb infact, possibly the least innovative in the series, but definatley the most refined, and my personal favourite.

Just wish the snow palace wasn't so lame :p

Ocarina will always be my favorite, but Twilight Princess is definitely an awesome experience not to be missed.

P.S.- Gamecube version all the way. :)

Haha I was that guy in college

I've been a gamer since I was maybe five years old, back in 1988 (PT-109, flight sims and lots of QBasic games) but my first console was a Playstation in 2001 that I bought from a friend.

I roomed with lots of nerds during college and they were almost all huge, life-long Nintendo fans, and there I was never having played a Zelda game, a Mario game or a Metroid game. Let me tell you, they were outraged.

Back