How to remove interlaced movies ( cutscenes )

_Polaris_

Spaceman
Hello,

Can't find this theme, so sorry if I created now post for nothing.

But my question is: Is there a way to turn of interlanced movies? Or maybe to increase the quality of movies?

I can see multiple movies on youtube and that looks awesome...So I wonder if it's somehow configured, or that how is that possible.

Thanks for your reply.

Hello,

Can't find this theme, so sorry if I created now post for nothing.

But my question is: Is there a way to turn of interlanced movies? Or maybe to increase the quality of movies?

I can see multiple movies on youtube and that looks awesome...So I wonder if it's somehow configured, or that how is that possible.

Thanks for your reply.

Which game are we talking about? If we're talking about wing commander prophecy then there's an option in the settings menu in the game. If we're talking about WC4, then you can apply the win95 patch and use the -no_interlace switch in the command line. This will reportedly work with WC3-Kilrathi Saga version as well (WC3-DOS doesn't have interlacing).

Ultimately you could just pick up the DVD version of WC4 though or download the enhancement pack and the VOB movie sets for WCP though.

Wing Commander 3 - Kilrathi Saga

Sorry,

It's about Wing Commander 3 - Kilrathi Saga

And what you told about that patch...I try that if it works even with WC3

But I guess that there is no possibility to improve the quality...is that true?

Sorry,

It's about Wing Commander 3 - Kilrathi Saga

And what you told about that patch...I try that if it works even with WC3

But I guess that there is no possibility to improve the quality...is that true?

You can remove the interlacing lines but there's no fix for making the actual video resolution in WC3 better. The 3D0 and PSX versions used better compression so have somewhat better quality video. Someday there might be a way to incorporate it into the PC version but it's not high on anyone's to do list at the moment.

Off Topic

I am right now at work...was reading also some stuff about how to correct those viedo crashes...couse got same problem...hope it will work from what I found on CIC tech support and that also sound in battles is not glitchy.

However...is there a chance that to use that patch for video correction and nav map and other stuff can collide with the patch for to remove that interlanced cutscenes?

P.S.: Is there any chance to enable subtitle in the intro movie?

Thanks for all of the answers.

It works

So,

Thank you for your help. Everything goes well and I am already playing WC3.
Going to enjoy it >)

Wing Commander 4Eva

Back