How to get Strike Commander to work?

S

Stormbringer

Does any one know how to get Strike Commander to work on a Windows 98 machine? I found the game going through some old CDs and I was struck with a serious desire to play it. Naturally, I couldn't. A friend of mine directed me here suggesting you might be able to help.

Thanks in advance.

Hmmmph, I can't see to get that thing to run on my computer. Is there any other way?

Boot into pure DOS and modify your config files there as described in the Strike Commander Manual.

cff said:
Boot into pure DOS and modify your config files there as described in the Strike Commander Manual.

Tried that, it doesn't work. If it was that simple I'd have done it already.

Dashit, wish this would've helped more ... at this point, best I can do is recommend taking a look at the "How to run Privateer/Armada" thread in the sticky ... supposedly Privateer shares a lot of architecture with Strike Commander, but SC needs less EMS.

Could you be a bit more specific then as to what problems you are running into? Did you try to play without sound as a test aleady?

The problem is the whole game won't run. It'll switch over into DOS but simply refuses to run. I've typed in the right commands and what not, it just won't run.

Yeah - but do you see any error message? Does the PC reboot? Does the machine hang? Anything on the screen at all?

Stormbringer said:
Tried that, it doesn't work. If it was that simple I'd have done it already.

I never succeeded either, whereas a friend of mine did. :confused:
The reason it never started for me was a lack of memory, although I had done exactly as the manual described. I decided it had something to do with drivers (I didn't check, but I thought different mice, sound cards, etc. had different drivers, which means different sizes too!)

Back