"How many people here know about the Maniac?" (October 21, 2015)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
If you've been on the Internet today, then you know today is the date that Back to the Future 2 takes place on in the future. With Tom Wilson's involvement in Wing Commander, that's a bandwagon that's just too hard to pass up! To celebrate the day Wing Commander-style, start by hopping over to Maniac's WCPedia page for a very thorough write-up of Todd Marshall's career defending humanity (and writing an autobiography). And although we only got a one-page advert for that book from Star*Soldier, there's a lot of great backstory behind ME: The Life and Battles of "Maniac" Marshall that's good to know. If you'd like to see Tom's thoughts on the whole interactive movie gig, check out his interview from the WC3 Behind the Screens CD. Or listen to his thoughts on pop culture, life and everything else at his Nerdist podcast. Finally, you can find out more about his real life biography here.

--
Original update published on October 21, 2015

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think any of the events yesterday even included Tom. Kind of sad not to see him on Jimmy Kimmel with Michael and Chris.

I don't think any of the events yesterday even included Tom. Kind of sad not to see him on Jimmy Kimmel with Michael and Chris.

He actually made a twitter post about The Cubs yesterday - but yeah, he was very lowkey. Don't blame him, who wants to talk about one thing for your entire life?

The theater next to CIG was showing all three movies last night, so we snuck out a little early and did an evening marathon. I think I never realized what a great job Tom Wilson does as Biff's cowboy ancestor in BttF3; he's like a totally different person.

I don't want to brag, but I just realized that the picture with Maniac (apparently one of those pictures used during the production of WC5) was won by me at an eBay auction a few years ago from the WC Museum. I'm so happy to have it. And just today, I found out why this picture has round-shaped stains—please check the video. I'd be happy to send that photo with better quality if somebody from the moderators need "his brother" for reference.
_010.gif
image0.jpg

Last edited:
Also, I want to add Tom Willson's interview from russian computer magazine "Navigator of Computer World" dated October 14, 2003.
Tom 'Maniac' Wilson.png

Back