How Goes the War Against the Humans? (July 31, 2007)

did I read that log correctly? 5 kills in... ~2 seconds? That's inhuman.

[edit] I'm just glad it won't be a duel in arena... only people that could win that would already have the y-box

Wow!!

Placing Third!!
Cool!
Congrats!

Mission accomplished!

You are cleared for landing.

Maybe it is time for me to buy a X-Box and try to fly on your wing.

did I read that log correctly? 5 kills in... ~2 seconds? That's inhuman.

Hehe, I was certainly in the zone in those last couple of rounds - I don't know if I could duplicate that if I tried... it was amazing watching #WingNut to my left scrolling with everyone exciting and having my brother on my left counting down how far ahead I was - all while I was completely focused on my crosshairs.

Man Chris was right last night in telling me I was crazy for going to sleep after the 2nd round.

You can actually rack up kills really quickly if you are on the outside of a furball shooting in. It can also help you come back from a big deficit. I've seen people go from being down by 8 to being ahead by 2 or 3 fairly quickly. It really makes the games interesting.

Congrats!!!

Great job, it's no easy to beat those other guys.
Pitty I had to miss all the fun in #wingnuts.
I hope I can try to race for THAT prize :)

Great job, Loaf. By the way, where did those two quotes at the beginning of the update come from? One of the novels, right?

It's (supposedly) Lee's speech to his troops after surrendering to Grant - it was going through my head after I finished the first round with only six kills...

It's (supposedly) Lee's speech to his troops after surrendering to Grant - it was going through my head after I finished the first round with only six kills...

I think he meant the WC2 quote which is the title of the update. When I first saw it all I could picture was the WC2 intro and hearing the Kilrathi for the first time.

My fortune cookie said "Wait. Something big is going to happen soon." I guess I read my fortune cookies late.

Sincere and profound congratulations. The last couple of days have been kind of unnerving, so it's a real morale boost to the community for you to place so highly.

Sincere congratulations from me as well! I am really impressed because I imagine that your adversaries were rather hard-core gamers. Thumbs up!

I'd think that the XBox will go to somebody who does not already have one, so that the fun of Arena can be spread further.

Again, congratulations!

Congratulations LOAF! But it doesnt really suprise me that you did as well as you did, considering how quickly you earned all the achievements!

I would have loved to been on Wingnut during the event, but I had some internet problems.

Congratulations LOAF! But it doesnt really suprise me that you did as well as you did, considering how quickly you earned all the achievements!

I would have loved to been on Wingnut during the event, but I had some internet problems.

Well you better have them solved by the 10th or you'll be really missing out...

Back