How do the Leech missiles work?

Chip

Spaceman
How do the leech missiles work? Do they, when they impact, emit some kind of high voltage electric bolt that shorts out circuits or what? If that's the case, leeches should be ineffective against asteroid like ships (or at least their non-aft locations) since their rock surfaces would insulate the ships.

IIRC, they do the exact opposite of what you're saying. Or a combination of what you said and what I"m about to. From my understanding, they latch on, and "leech" (AKA, Draw the energy from) the ship's power. Since the entire ship is filled with wires and circuits, it makes targeting easy, no real specific spot. Now, it could do both, i.e. draw the power out, then surge it, shorting out anything vulnerable.

Leech missles are esay to describe. You two have already done that. The hard thing is determining how the leech cannon works. :)

Death already did that. Apparently leech is a misnomer, the leech cannon works in a similar way to the ion cannon from Star Wars, ie shorts out the electric circuits, and disables the ship.

Back