how do i get the tractor beam to work on the broadswords??

You must go to one of the turrets, press W to change the guns to tractor beam, then target (in the turret) your pilot , you must have a green or yellow bar (that indicates the distance to the target), then maintain pressed the fire key and presto!

Wow. According to my memory, the manual, and everyone I've talked to, you actually have to press G in order to change from the turret guns to the tractor beam. I've never tried using W and, for all I know, that might work, too, but you're supposed to use G.

too bad you cant snag a spare fighter and use it later. might have been fun trying out all the kilrathi fighters.

heh heh... well, you'd have to change the function of the beams slightly. The tractors on the bombers are mostly for pulling stuff inside the ship. It might be a little tough to fit a Dralthi in your broadsword. :) Well, unless you fold it in half a few times. Hmmm....

Besides, the tractor emitters might be too weak... it would rock if you could get your carrier's SAR to pick up leeched craft though.

you don't have to get it inside. once you disable it, use the tractor to tow it. but you have to keep at a slow speed (probably 10-50)

hmmm, really think so?

Actually i wish it would be this way, if you leeched a NAV point of all its craft, at least in WCIV, everyone would love to send a capship to grab those fighters, having an extra arrow would suck but not a longbow or a bearcat

yeah, having a limited number of fighters would be nice. that way you would have had to been more careful with who you assign as wingmen or you could loose a fighter when they eject.

Incredible how your numerous wingmen in WCP/SO eject left, right and centre, yet you're only allowed to eject three times before they kick you out.

What happens when they kick you out in Prophecy and in SO? I've never been able to nerve myself up to screw up that often. Is there a nifty cut scene?

-- And, is it consecutive times or just during the course of the game?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Actually, the SAR shuttle just says, that's it Mr Casey, you're flying a desk! and you get kicked out into the "continue,replay" screen

Originally posted by dacis2
its called "balance of power"
it happenes every day in congress and the white house

Yeah, like how the President can refuse to sign a bill (veto), and the Houses can just pass it when it comes back to them.

Originally posted by $tormin
you don't have to get it inside. once you disable it, use the tractor to tow it. but you have to keep at a slow speed (probably 10-50)

That is much fun to do! I never autopiloted with one before. I'll have to try that!

There is a tractor beam on the Confed bombers ? lol :D
Well, in my opinion, this is totally useless... I mean, I try to come back alive, I don't know to be shot down while saving on of my stupid wingmen who don't know how to pilot. This is the S&R's job...

Back