How do I get the MIDI's to sound right?

TZSB424

Spaceman
Ok, I've listened to the CIC mp3's of the WC1 and WC2 MIDI's, and I've downloaded the MIDI's themselves, and they sound nothing alike when I play them on my computer. I've searched the boards here and found nothing usefull, and I've tried google but all i found was technobabble that made me feel like I was in kindergarden again.

Is there an idiot's guide to software MIDI synths out there that can help my MIDI files sound something like the CIC mp3's?

And no, I'm not looking for an comprehensive synthesizer studio that can create a 300 piece orchestra song. I ALREADY HAVE THE MIDI FILE PEOPLE! I JUST NEED SOMETHING TO PLAY IT WITH SO THAT IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE NON-DESCRIPT CRAP!!!

Many years ago I had a software midi synth from Yamaha. I think it may have been Yamaha XG (trial software). I haven't tried it lately, but it probably still can't compare to a hardware solution like the Roland Sound Canvas that Mad Hatter used.

Yamaha SoftSynth

I remember that software, i dont remember the name but if u want to look it up it came bundled with Final Fantasy VII for PC, look that up and u should find the name. It´s a really cool software. I had it before i got my creative super-extra-Imega-sound card and it really did sound cool. Just set it as ur default midi synth.

Hope that helps.

The Yamaha thing was really cool. Problem is getting it for good without paying a lot or buying FFVII (which i incidentally like).

Back