How do flak-cannons work?

Game balance issue -- if the 'Claw fired all its lasers, the 'defend the Claw' missions would be really, really easy.

Fortunately, maces do!

I was playing Academy last night (yay, WC Computer!) and noticed that if you blow up a Mace in an asteroid or mine field... all the asteroids and mines are destroyed!

So you got your WC computer working fully? I must try that [blowing up asteroids], it sounds like fun! :) [Does it happen in WC2 as well?]

Well... not fully working, yet. I'm still buying and adding parts... but it works well enough to play Academy. :)

The Korah Pokh flak cannons in WC2 spit hell on my Broadsword and my torps. Good thing the Broadsword had those monster shields and armor.

Originally posted by Wedge009
So you got your WC computer working fully? I must try that [blowing up asteroids], it sounds like fun! :) [Does it happen in WC2 as well?]

I don't think we ever got to fly a Morningstar with Mace missile through an asteroid or minefield in Special Operations 2.

He isn't talking about WC2. He's talking about WC: Academy (the game), the only WC that let you make your own missions (to a degree).

I suddenly have the urge to play Academy!

...Wonder why...hmmmm...

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
He isn't talking about WC2. He's talking about WC: Academy (the game), the only WC that let you make your own missions (to a degree).

Wedge was asking whether a Mace could destroy asteroid and mine fields in WC2, like the Mace can in Wing Commander Academy.

Sorry for taking a while to reply - uni break means no more cable connection.

Originally posted by BlueClaw
I don't think we ever got to fly a Morningstar with Mace missile through an asteroid or minefield in Special Operations 2.
The mace certainly does blow up mines and asteroids in both WC2 and Academy. There are mines near the first navpoint in the mission where you chase after Minx.

No, as far as I remember and I also checked on youtube for those retro play videos as well to confirm my memory, the friendly capships in WC1 do NOTHING to help themselves. Not only Tiger's Claw! The Exeter, the Drayman.... and whatever.... never did anything to help fend off the enemies.

Crazy.

Saying about the post about the Tiger's Claw cannons:

The problem was, it never fired anything...
Did it fire anything in SM2 though?
Because I don't remember the claw firing any cannons at all. The little ships just collided into it like dumbasses.

Nafé

The Claw has lasers for both point defense and capship assault...
There are 22 single lasers and 8 dual turrets for point defense and 20 laser batteries for larger targets.

Where do you get these numbers from?

- To my knowledge the Clawmarks mentiones 8 dual mount laser turrets but the image in the Clawmarks shows a quite different number (20 dual turrets)
- In the movie the Claw has 22 point defense and 8 turreted lasers.

I remeber that Loaf had counted the number of turrets for the WCATV Series but I don't have these.

So your numbers seam to be a mix or do you have any other source?

I do know you see the green laser cannons of the Tiger's Claw engaging Kilrathi fighters while on approach for a planetary assault. In the famous Vega Sector campaign's win scene you see shot that is clearly not from any known Confederation fighter. We know how they looked while fired and that they DID engage in point-defense.

Back