How close are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon988

Commodore
I don't mean to rush anyone at all so don't get me wrong. I'm all for you guys taking as long as you need to give a provide a quality product. I've just been anticipating Saga for some time now, I keep up with all of the updates, and numerous times I've heard that the prologue is close to release. So I'm just wondering if someone could tempt me a bit by giving a status report on the prologue's progress? Pretty please? :D

they say, in the status report on their page, that they have made all but movies already

I yearn for the glory days of them showing off all the models they created remember enjoying the views of that asteroid base they made. Be nice if they teased us a little with what they got. The silence is killing me :D .

Well, what should I say :)

Tolwyn and Lars are finishing the Intro, we have a new beta-test running and besides that we doing some polishing work or boring stuff like creating a readme, faq, credit stuff, testing the install routine and so on.....

Besides that, some of us startdoing work on the main campaign again, so that at least the time is not wasted.

We hope to have some more interesting news soon. :)

Finishing up the intro and writing the readme's? Man, the release is so close I can taste it. I'm currently away from home on a business trip but I made sure to bring my laptop with its Freespace 2 SCP install just in case you guys release while I'm away. Business is important and all, but I've got to have my priorities straight. ;)

Eh, I think this sounds a little to optimistic :) We might be close, but there are still so many tiny things to do, that it will take a little longer. But release will certainly be within this year :D

And the movies of course always take a long time to do. Well Good Luck with finishing the Prologue. The community awaits with baited breath or close to it, anyway.

Just wondering, but will FRED be included and how powerful will it be (as in meaning scripting and similar features)?

Technically we will not include Fred in the download itself, but everyone who want's it can get it over at HLP. It's a little difficult because of the mass of beta-release builds, so we decided not to include one, otherwise we will be most certainly overwhelmed by support-questions about SCP instabilities (which doesn't mean we give no support at all, but I think for fredding-questions HLP is the better place.).

But I would like to point out, that at the current point of development we still use an older SCP-Build for our game, because it's pretty stable. But this also means that new Fred-Builds will not work with our table-files (those are the freespace configfiles). On the other hand, it's not such a big deal changing them to work with the new builds, so anyone interested will be able to do this really fast.

To answer your question, technically you can do almost everything with the Fred-Editor. It makes the briefings/debriefings, ingame messages, autopilot and so on. The new builds even support creating cutscenes using fred-scripts and the game engine. The possibilities to script are numerous (to say at least).

Starman

And another month without news goes by....
Are you gonna make the birthday party.. a release on the birthday party would be nice.... although I was hoping on a demo release on the birthday party 2 years ago :(

As you might have noticed or not the entire staff has been banned.

Unregistered said:
As you might have noticed or not the entire staff has been banned.

Oh, I've noticed. Theres a lot less mud on the walls and people are much nicer now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back