How about an update

Right now, not a whole lot. We've all been fairly swamped in the real world. If i'm not studying, i'm doing something that requires no brain power. Howard's been working like a dog at the company he works for and Joel's in the midst of school work.

Now, I can't promise anything, but hopefully this weekend i'll have something to show. Again, no promises. Getting ready for Flight School kind of takes precedent over working on Pioneer. But, if I get the time (and energy) i'm hoping for this weekend, I should have the first base model completed. That's my goal, we'll see how it goes.

Brad McKinstry

Well, I just got back from vacation. Everything seems to still be zipping along - I got a update from Joel - seems he's had excellent progress on the particle systems, and is now focusing on the rather onerous task of making everything work on lower-end systems. We want as many people as possible to be able to play this, so that's a hurdle we will have to clear.
As for me...I don't know what I'm working on. I assume I'll be helping Brad with the Bases, if he wants my help. Elsewise... The turret needs an interior. so that's as good as anything.

Howard Day said:
Elsewise... The turret needs an interior. so that's as good as anything.
Do you have the definite idea of how the turret cockpit is going to look like? There was a thread about it but as far as I remember there was no conclusion concerning this topic. I guess I don't have to explain why I ask all this ;).

I've a pretty good idea. It's going to be much more simplified than the other cockpits. I'm going to try and maintain the feel of the original Privateer turrets, just with a more blockified shape.

Question corresponding with the title of the thread: what is your actual, very tentative estimation of first playable/non-playable demo release according to amount of work that have already been done? Asking in order to make some adjustments in my tear-off calendar.

I'd say...December, Next Year. It's not that things are going slowly, it's that we still have just so much to do. We all have lives, and they have this nasty habit of getting in the way of free time. If it comes earlier, then YAY! - But I dodn't think it will.

Back